Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babiigurl714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 07:01 PM
    A scientific law is based inferences made over long period?
    A scientific law is based on repeated inferences made over long period?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 11, 2009, 07:12 PM

Are you sure you shouldn't be in
    Introductions/
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jul 15, 2009, 03:03 PM

Babilgurl asks an interesting question.

Not sure of the real answer, but most of the scientific laws I know of are based on the results of analysis (mathematical and/or laboratory) that may have been influenced by prio inference... although the prior inference may not have been correct

Newton's laws, Boyle's law, etc.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 15, 2009, 03:53 AM

Yup, and the conclusions reached have to be verifiable by others before they are accepted as "law." Someone comes up with the idea, for example, that strong gravity from large objects in space bends light. The person makes some observations and determines that his work proves that it is so, and publishes his work and his conclusion. The scientific community won't accept the conclusion as valid unless others can duplicate the work and reach the same conclusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I having long period with brown blood? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on the DEPO provera shot and I was due for my period and everything and when I was supposed to get it but I have been with brown blood for almost over 1 week and I have been gaining weight like crazy and I feel nasty... I am sexually active but I'm not Pregnant or anything but last month I did...

Long distance relationship for a short period of time- what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, any time I have asked a question I have always gotten some really hopeful and helpful answers- so here goes... My boyfriend will be moving to europe for a great job opportunity in just a few weeks... he really wants my son and I to come and feels he is ready to be a family, taking this job...

Bleeding for long period on mirena [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I had gotten a mirena put in last January and Its been a year and I've been bleeding heavy for 2-3 weeks every month just up to about 1 month ago I've been having bad pains in my stomach is this something I should worry about if you can reply to EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY please and...

Girlfriend cheating with other girls, over a long period. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey there guys and girls. Just registered on this forum, I really need some advice on this subject I have here. My girlfriend and I are fairly young (16), and have been in a strong relationship now over approximately 9 months. Everything has been going well, until a drunken night came along and...

Scientific Equation for Speed/Time [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a project which tests the rate of speed for a variety of rated bearings. I am lacking any real scientific equations and was hoping you could give me some ideas and also how I should write the scientific equation for speed vs. time. Thanks!

View more questions Search