Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleaninglady81 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2009, 03:22 PM

Yeah I had heard that I do not have to take the test.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cleaninglady81 View Post
    And when I call my PO what do I need to say to her and what is too much to say?
    huh? now that just really doesn't make sence.
    Hello again, c:

No, it doesn't. But, anybody can post here.

In terms of your PO, don't say ANYTHING. Your PO SHOULDN'T question you, but if they do, invoke your right against self incrimination. Do it politely. We ARE talking about an incident where you haven't been convicted. Given that, you ARE entitled to ALL of your Constitutional rights, and NOT speaking to the authorities is ONE of them.

When I say, they SHOULDN'T question you, that's because it's not really up to them to convict you or not. That's the cops job. IF you're convicted, the PO will violate you. IF you're not, the PO CAN'T violate you. He really has no choice in the matter.

Therefore, ANY violation hearing, if there's going to be one, won't happen till you're convicted, if you ever are.

I'm also assuming that you didn't violate any OTHER provision of your supervision during this incident, because you're not protected against THOSE things violating you.

excon

Jul 12, 2009, 03:23 PM

But my question is OK I don't talk and he calls me Mon night and says come down here and we will end this I say no thanks I have nothing else to say then what happens?

Jul 12, 2009, 03:25 PM
    No I haven't violated anything I am on every 3 months report and my court fees have all been paid

Jul 12, 2009, 03:27 PM
    So I am current on everything. Can you talk on here with me for a min. or two, my nerves are crazy and other than my husband you're the only one making sense and explaining this to me as I can understand it.

Jul 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Hello are you there. Oh man I have looked all over this site to see if I could catch you. BUMMER

Jul 12, 2009, 03:34 PM

Can I be arested for questioning? Can they arrest me due to suspesion can I be arrested at all (not convicted) of the mere fact that I was there and I cleaned her house if there is no evidence that there was even any money to be stolen in the first place I guess my question is Will I be Arrested. And No I didn't do it this is my bread and butter and how I make aliving so I wouldn't jeapodize that. Just so you know.
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:36 PM
    So I am current on everything. Can you talk on here with me for a min. or two,.
    Hello again, c:

You're cool. This is easy. All you have to do is NOT say anything. All the moves are up to them. If they invite you down to the police station, politely tell them that you wish to invoke your Constitutional rights. They KNOW that's their signal to STOP bugging you, and they will.

The next stop is to arrest you, or not. But, if they do, it's because they have all the evidence they need to charge you. That's probably NOT going to happen, because MOST people who are convicted, SNITCH on themselves, which is exactly what the cop wants YOU to do. He probably wants you to do it, because he has no evidence otherwise. DON'T fall for the okee doak.

excon

Jul 12, 2009, 03:40 PM

Ok yeah my husband said they wouldn't even be questioning me or calling me if they had anything that they could use. He also said that if they had anything they probably would have done came here and arrested me. So do I at least need to call my PO and let her know I was questioned by the police then or no>

Jul 12, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Thank You so much for talking with me on here about this I am feeling better already. It helps to have people that have been there done that.
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
    can I be arested for questioning?
    Hello again, c:

You don't have to chase me down. I'm watching what's going on here. You just need to chill out a little bit.

Yes, they can arrest you over this thing, but if they were going to do that, they would have already. They would NOT have called you on the phone to invite you downtown.

Now, everything is OK. I'm sure you'll be fine.

excon
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:47 PM
    So do I at least need to call my PO and let her know I was questioned by the police then or no>
    Hello again, c:

I would be willing to bet that one of your probation requirements is to report ALL police contact. So, YES, you need to let your PO know.

excon

Jul 12, 2009, 03:47 PM

I am driving everyone crazy I know but just by me being there doesn't that give them grounds to arrest me or do they need more. She took a bag that had money in it down to the station and they said they couldn't fingerprint the bag because of the type of bag it was. I had never heard of that is it maybe because I cleaned the house so of course my fingerprints would have been on there? And they couldn't use that as proof? So what is your take on this you think it will go any further, or do you think it is pretty much over? Just your take not what will or could happen? LOL
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:51 PM

Hello for the last time tonight, c:

Look, I don't know if you stole stuff or not. I also don't know what evidence the cops have, if they have any. Just you being there when the cash disappeared ISN'T proof. It's not even close.

Therefore, if it was me, and I didn't steal, I wouldn't worry. If I DID grab the cash, I'd be concerned.

excon

Jul 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

OK Well Thanks for all your help and I will keep you posted.

Jul 12, 2009, 08:17 PM

Well of course I am concerned I have 4 kids and been married 10 years and I have invested a lot of time to start my own business and ALL my other customers are on my side so I at least have that in my favor. I am sure the police are capable of pretty much anything but setting me up I don't know about but if they do they will still not see me doing anything wrong and I will pocket the money they have to pay for the clean, hey maybe I should start chargeing more just in case. LOL about coming to arrest me without evidence I guess I will not know until they come knock on my door. I certainly hope they can't use me being there to clean as evidence and the fact that she has lied about different things such as she told the police I offered to give her her stolen money back when I in fact told her that I would give her her money she paid for the clean if she was unhappy with the services I provided and the police have questioned me on that too. She also stated that only her daughter was there while I cleaned and that to was a lie her son was there for about 20 to 40 minutes as I cleaned and it was his money. I only told the police I didn't do it and I didn't see any money and that her son was there as well and that I offered her payment for my services back not the stolen money. I then told him anything else he can talk to my lawyer and gave him the number of a lawyer that I had used once before. My husband thinks that he too was trying to scare me because he the atty. Said that I probably would be arrested on this and he wanted to charge A lot of money. He said because I was there and have a record I could and would be charged. So I am still up in the air on this but what can I do?
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jul 13, 2009, 07:45 PM

The longer nothing happens the better it is for you. The fact that the cops asked you and not arrested you,sounds like they have no case against you. Even if they arrest you,they will have to get a conviction,which seems hard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accused of fraudulence! [ 2 Answers ]

My "boy" cousin filed a fraudulence case at the immigration against my "girl" cousin claiming that my "girl" cousin gave him her necklace that she pawned which he got and paid for at the pawnshop a long time ago. Is it possible for him to do that even if there was no written agrreement?

Due process for accused [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please explain something to me. If everyone is allowed to have legal representation for an accused criminal offense carrying jailtime, and the judge tells the accused they have the right to a court appointed attorney if they cannot afford one... how can they deny the accused an...

My husband was accused of stealing $4000 from his job. What can I do? [ 21 Answers ]

I have a long story that I am desperate for advice on and I am hoping that you will read it all... I have a question that I am desperate for help with. My husband was recently accused of taking money from his work. He works for a gas station and has been employed there for 3 years....

Accused [ 1 Answers ]

I have been falsley accused of stealing. No one seen me do it or no cameras to back it up. All they have is voided transactions and me working. But the voided transactions were not under my name and I'm not the only one who works there? My boss said he will help me but I have to admit it and then...

Being accused [ 1 Answers ]

The police have not come and got a statement yet do I give them one? What do I do? I didn't do what I'm accused of

View more questions Search