Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanton781 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Finding a job at this age
    Im 12 years old and I'm having trouble finding a job do any of you know a job that I can do.:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 01:31 PM

Babysitting (if you have a level head on your shoulders), mowing lawns, weeding, gardening, helping to clean a house, accompanying people, particularly the elderly, when they grocery shop, walk dogs
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 01:32 PM

I remember trying to find a job at age 12. It was not easy. I finally found a job delivering newspapers. I also mowed and trimmed lawns for friends of my parents. Occasionally, I did babysitting but most people wanted girls to do that. I had friends who maintained swimming pools.

I tried to get a job as a grocery-store bagger (they used lots of them back then), but they wouldn't hire anyone under 16.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 04:50 AM

Hi, chanton781!

Why do you think that you need a job, please?

Thanks!
    suzieb Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2009, 05:19 AM

A paper round is probably the best. Or maybe a car washing/valeting service. There are laws against working under the age of 16 in the UK. I don't know where you live but certainly here in England, different local authorities have different rules so you would need to get in touch with them to find out the legalities. Generally hours are limited depending on age and certain types of work are prohibited. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding dad [ 4 Answers ]

This is a naïve question, but I have been looking for my dad and I can't find him. Do you know where I could find him, but I have to do it for free cause I don't have a lot of money. His name his name is Andrew Lawrence White, he is 41 and born in the month of January he is African American that's...

Finding a Jon in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently came to UK to join my husband and for the past 2 months I have been applying of jobs that I’m well experienced of. I’m from Sri Lanka and I have six years experience in sales/marketing field as an admin person. I worked for two multinational companies but even with a high profile...

Finding pH [ 3 Answers ]

What would be the pH measured for 0.1M H2S solution at 25 degrees Celsius? Choices are: 1, 2, 4 or 6 When I calculated it, my answer came out to be 0.69. My method: H2S-> 2H + S 0.1M .2M .1M =0.2 pH=-log

Finding someone [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out where my son's father now works who has stopped child support with his social security number and date of birth >Moved from Forum Help<

Finding a will [ 17 Answers ]

My Father Just Passed Away A Day Ago And His Live In Girlfriend Of 3 Years Is Trying To Claim All The Family Inhertiance. My Dad Supposley Had A Will Made Up But Now We Can Not Find It And The Attorney Said He Is Not Sure If He Has A Copy Of It. Where Do We Go From Here?

View more questions Search