Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tywalters1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 09:31 AM
    SAT/ACT test prep class fees and tax deductibility
    I am enrolling my rising high school senior in a course to better prepare her to take the SAT and ACT exams. If I use my IRA savings to pay for this course, can this be considered a "higher education expense" and therefore become an IRA withdrawal without penalty?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:32 AM
    No. Supplemental educational expenses are not deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Class action over overdraft fees in Atlanta - SUNTRUST Banks Inc. [ 3 Answers ]

Lawsuit Filed Against SunTrust Banks, Inc. Regarding Overdraft Fees Lawsuit claims that SunTrust engages in unfair and bad faith business practices with respect to its assessment of overdraft fees on consumer checking accounts. Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 10, 2009 -- Atlanta-based law firm Webb,...

Class action over overdraft fees in Atlanta - SUNTRUST Banks Inc. [ 32 Answers ]

Lawsuit Filed Against SunTrust Banks, Inc. Regarding Overdraft Fees Lawsuit claims that SunTrust engages in unfair and bad faith business practices with respect to its assessment of overdraft fees on consumer checking accounts. Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 10, 2009 -- Atlanta-based law firm Webb,...

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

Deduct brokerage fees, appraisal fees and other closing costs on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home in Calif in 2006 and refinances in 2007 to lower the interest rate. Can I deduct the brokerage fee, appraisal fee, flood fee, document fee, escrow fee and transfer fees? I paid all of the fees and did not include them in the refinance of my home. If I can decuct any of these...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

View more questions Search