Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rstone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Multimedia Audio Contoller Not working after reformat
    Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower Processor a Main Circuit Board b 2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Not hyper-threaded Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0N6381
    Serial Number:.. CN481114B2071X.
    Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
    BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A01 08/24/2004 Drives Memory Modules c,d 76.13 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    73.14 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD Multimedia Audio Controller
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

I can't find the proper driver for the audio.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 06:34 AM

Did this computer come from Dell? Dell maintains drivers for all of its computers on their web site.

Dell Support Home Page

Is the sound adapter on the motherboard or did you purchase something separately from the computer? Is it included in the USB2 controller?

Also, what operating system are you using? XP? Vista? Something else?

Just for kicks, try this audio driver. I found another thread that claimed that this was the driver (not sure of the operating system, unfortunately).

Possible Driver for 24DD Multimedia Audio Controller

Jul 11, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Dell -- I have the CD's but there is no driver for the audio.
    Sound is on the motherboard and no I did not purchase anything separately. I do not know if it is included in the USB 2 controller.
    Windows XP SP 2
    I tried the Soundmax driver at the link you gave and it still did not work.
    But thank you for your efforts.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:08 AM

Have you looked at the Dell site?

It appears that the USB2 controller and the sound card are on the same chip. It's possible, but I think unlikely, that the driver would be the same.

If you have the CDs, I am flabbergasted that the driver isn't on that. Have you explored the CD and installed everything that is on that?

Jul 11, 2009, 09:16 AM

Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

That is what everest states that I need -- I have tried 3 times to install it and every time I do I get the memory dump screen... I've reformated numerous times and never had any problems until now.

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:26 AM

Have you tried googling that and installing a driver (hopefully different from the one you have) that you find as a result of that Google?

Let me google that for you

Jul 11, 2009, 12:35 PM

I have went to over 20 sites and all of them are the same driver.

Jul 11, 2009, 02:52 PM

PLEASE DO NOT spend anymore time on this problem. ---- I fixed it --- DELL states to download the SOUNDMAX sound driver...

Thank you

Rstone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Lost multimedia audio controller Hello, I've lost my multimedia audio controller adter [ 1 Answers ]

My mistake I uninstalled my multimedia audio controller driver.sound system of my system is not working.please help me.I don't know the brand of music system or mother board.

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 9 Answers ]

I had to reinstall Win XP home on my computer. I have an eMachines T3120, Win XP, 1.8 GHZ100MB Hard-Drive, DVD/CDRW, 512MB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce. This Multimedia Audio Controller come up when I reboot. I assume it is new hardware but I don't have a CD or drivers for it. Please help?

No sound (multimedia audio controller not working) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the dell sight and some of the drivers won't even work.. I have a Dimension E510.. Im really at a loss.. I don't even know what I have to do from here on.. If you could help me it'd be greatly appriciated The worst part is there is something called multimedia audio controller...

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Confused: DESPEARTE!! I just installed Win XP on my PC and the multimedia audio controller drivers are missing. And idea what I should do. Have run out of ideas

View more questions Search