Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Sex with minor?
    In the state of Florida, is it illegal to have sex with a 16 year old, when you just turned 18? She is 1 year 11 month younger, we've been together over a year.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 10:07 PM

Here's what I found, but it's from Google. Check back and see what our legal experts have to say.

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 03:57 AM

That's the statute and it's the law...

You're good. Please be safe. :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 07:36 AM

Let us know what your going to name the baby.

Quite frankly you shouldn't be messing around because your playing with fire. At your current ages you have no idea what its like when you bring a child into the world. Be very very careful.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jul 11, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Let us know what your going to name the baby.

Quite frankly you shouldnt be messing around because your playing with fire. At your current ages you have no idea what its like when you bring a child into the world. Be very very careful.
    I am very careful she uses birth control exact time everyday, and I still used a condom plus pull out, I'm not worried about a baby, we've been having sex I just wasn't sure if it was still legal since I am 18 now.

Thanks Altenweg for the find xD
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy07 View Post
    I am very careful she uses birth control exact time everyday, and i still used a condom plus pull out, im not worried about a baby, we've been having sex i just wasn't sure if it was still legal since i am 18 now.

I used birth control too... I have 4 children. Another member here used 3 methods of birth control and ended up pregnant as well.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy07 View Post
    I am very careful she uses birth control exact time everyday, and i still used a condom plus pull out, im not worried about a baby, we've been having sex i just wasn't sure if it was still legal since i am 18 now.

I found the law yes, but, because it's the law section, I didn't mention that I really don't think it's a great idea for the two of you to have sex at such a young age.

Why not wait a few years? No hurry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

My minor nephew molested my minor daughter [ 8 Answers ]

Approximately 10 years ago, my sister and her children visited for a weekend of swimming. My daughter, then about 6 or 7, went up to her bedroom and was followed by my 14 or so year old nephew. My daughter has recently told us he approached her and touched her either through her suit or around...

Sex with a minor in CA [ 14 Answers ]

So basically, me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months, but known each for 3 1/2 years... we have always been good friends. Well when we officially got to together I made sure it was OK WITH HER PARENTS before we officially started dating... As of Nov. 8,2008 I turned 19 years old, and...

Minor minor accident [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys,nice to be here again... I just want to ask about my friend's case and I can't give her any opinion because I'm not sure what should I tell her. The story was, she hit a car in front of her on the side street, but it when they check the back of the car, there was no any scratches or dent or...

My ex had sex with a man when she was a minor [ 79 Answers ]

My ex who is 18 now lost her virginity a then 27 year old when she was 16, this being northern ireland she was just a minor. No one knows about this apart from me and a few of her friends. I want him to pay for what he did as I see it being sexual abuse. Do I have any right in reporting it to...

View more questions Search