Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Minder86 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Correct and incorrect entries
    Oh thank you. I get it now. But I still had a few problems with these. So I was wodnering If someone can tell me how these were done. I am a mother of a nursing student and I am interested in doing accounting diploma. So I want to learn before I decide. I was wondering if someone can tell me what the incorrect entry, the correct entry and the correcting entry would be.

1. cash received from a customer on account was recorded as $670 instead of $760.

2. The purchase on account of a computer monitor that cost $900 was recorded as a debit to supplies and a credit to accounts receivable for $900.

3. The computer monitor purchased in item 2 was purchased on march 1 and has an estimated useful life of 5 years. Amortization for march has not been recorded yet.

4. a payment of $75 for advertising expense was entered as a debit to miscellaneous expense of $50 and a credit to cash of $50.

5. A $110 cash payment for a repair expense on equipment was recorded as a debit to equipment of $101 and a credit to cash of $101.

6. the owner, hubert maurice, paid himself $1,800 and recorded this as salary expense.

7. march rent of $1,150 was paid on march 26. The company has not recorded this transaction
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:56 PM

See my other post for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Basic accounting. Is my Journal Entries correct? [ 3 Answers ]

Prepare journals and accounts in the books of Chris Clark. 1. Started business with 90,000 in bank. 2. Bought van paying by cheque 15,000 3. Bought office fixtures 3000 4. Bought goods of 10,000 on credit from Supermax 5. pay rent by cheque 1,500 6. Sold goods for 12,000 on credit to C...

Can anyone tell me if my journal entries are correct? [ 1 Answers ]

$10,000 cash advance to partnership on 1/2/2005 and adjusting entry for the note payable on 1/31/2005 1/2/2005 Cash 10,000 Notes Payable 10,000 1/31/2005 Notes Payable 10,000 Interest expense 100 Cash 10,100

Is this journal entries correct? [ 1 Answers ]

IN THE COURSE OF ROUTINE CHECKING OF ALL JOURNAL ENTRIES PRIOR TO PREPARING YEAR-END REPORTS, SALLY YOUNT DISCOVERED SEVERAL STRANGE ENTRIES. SHE RECALLED THAT THE PRESIDENT’S SON KEN HAD COME IN TO HELP OUT DURING AN ESPECIALLY BUSY TIME AND THAT HE HAD RECORDED SOME JOURNAL ENTRIES. SHE WAS...

View more questions Search