Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaRiiNa Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Should we have the baby?
    What should I do I have 15 years old and I don't know if me and ma boyfriend should have the baby but we don't want to abort.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Have you discussed this with your parents?

Jul 10, 2009, 05:42 PM

No I haven't because we scared
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:44 PM

You need to talk to your parents. Scared or not. There are so many options for you other than abortion.

If you are in america, call this number 888-672-2296
    It's a teen pregnancy hotlline to help you get the help you need.
    Hotlines for Teens

Jul 10, 2009, 05:48 PM
    I know I should tell my parents but I don't know how to?
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:54 PM

The best way is to just be honest. Tell your mother you want to speak to her privately, and go somewhere private like your room or your mothers room and sit down with her, take a deep breath and say 'mom... im pregnant... and I'm scared'

Be HONEST with her. She loves you and she can't help you if you don't talk to her about it. I know how you feel hon. I was 17 when I got pregnant. I gave birth after turning 18, but still, I was living with my mom, under my moms rules/roof, and I was so TERRIFIED.

But you would be suprrised how a loving parent can react to it. Sure... there will be disapointment... and its not YOU. Its not so much disapointment in YOU PERSONALLY, its disapointment in the fact that everything a parent dreams for their child, is just gone. And its hard to accept something like that. I love my daughter, who is 5. and I have such high hopes for her. And those hopes would be blown away in an instant if she comes to me in the future pregnant. But that doesn't mean I'm disapointed in HER>

I hope this makes sense to you hon. Good luck.

Jul 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Yea I understand but the problem is that I don't knoew how they going to react. Yea I know I have to tell them suner or laiter. I know that when I tell my parents they going to start asking me questions and I won't know if to tell them the true or not I'm just confuce rite now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:04 PM

Its perfectly normal to be confused hon. Just take it one step at a time and take a deep breath and relax. Even if you decide not to keep the baby, being stressed is not good for the baby OR you at this time.

Jul 10, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Yea that's true but the other problem is that I think that I don't love my boyfriend and I don't know if I should stay with hem
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:12 PM

How far along are you. Since you are not willing to abort and you plan on having the baby you should start taking prenatal vitamins and get an obgyn exam to check the health of the baby. It is time to think of the baby and not just yourself.

Jul 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Yea I should its maybe I'm just thinking of myself because I'm scared because what's going to happen but ima start caring for tha baby
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:16 PM

The feelings your feeling are normal hon, but there is a time when you have to put your own feelings aside and become the responsible one. As harsh as it sounds, and I say this as nicely as I can, you had sex, you made that choice, now its time to step up and be responsible for it you know?

Jul 10, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Yea I understand
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:21 PM

Good luck hon, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and keep us updated on what happens and what you decide OK?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:22 PM

Same here!

Jul 10, 2009, 06:24 PM
    OK thankn you for all your help
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 07:01 PM

Even if you don't want an abortion some parents make their kid get an abortion anyway. How old is your boyfriend? Do your parents even know about him?
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 07:08 PM

Legally, the parents of the prenant teen cannot force an abortion. However, many parents find ways aroudn that by saying 'if you don't get an abortion you can't live here anymore' so while a parent can't legally force her to have an abortion, they can make her feel like she must do it.

*edit* please note, I am speaking about america, I am not sure about the laws of other countrys on this issue
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    even if you don't want an abortion some parents make their kid get an abortion anyway.
    That is against the law these days. Once a gal is pregnant she is emancipated in the sense that she is in control of the decisions that are made regarding the baby. Her parents still can make decisions regarding her health care as long as it has NOTHING to do with the pregnancy.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    legally, the parents of the prenant teen cannot force an abortion. however, many parents find ways aroudn that by saying 'if you dont get an abortion you can't live here anymore' so while a parent can't legally force her to have an abortion, they can make her feel like she must do it.

*edit* please note, i am speaking about america, i am not sure about the laws of other countrys on this issue
    Yeah they can use many parent tactics to get the result they want and if her boyfriend is over 15 they can even threaten to have him arrested for statutory rape of a minor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ooh baby baby? The song/beat Timberland copied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking time on this, I've been trying to search for the name of the song that Timbaland remade, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere, Its like the songs been erased from existence. It was an old school American techno rap beat with ladies singing "Ooh baby baby" If...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

View more questions Search