Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JadeMarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Am I suppose to be perfect?
    I'm not sure what is wrong with me. But it seems to me that everyone expects perfection from me... I make 1 or 2 minor mistakes, and I even say sorry for them, and make it right, and I am still made to feel like I'm useless and a complete failure... I am human right? EVERYONE makes mistakes...

Am I the only one who feels like this? Is there something wrong with me for feeling like this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 03:51 PM

People do that for some reason. I get treated the same way. People will be in a grumpy mood all day and then I end up grouchy and they act like I am not allowed to have emotions.
    They think I should be super woman and be on top of all their problems.
    Try instead of apologizing make a joke about what ever you did. Like if you knock something on the floor and it doesn't break say I bet you couldn't do that the same way if you tried. If you ruin something say I guess that fixes that once and for all!

One time an old boss got on me for not polishing a door knob. Yet she never got on other girls for leaving the mirrors and bathroom floors sticky and smeared.
    I asked her why she doesn't say anything to them for not doing something. She said, ''Because we expect more from you because we know what you can do''.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 10, 2009, 03:51 PM

The expectations you have for yourself may differ from what others expect of you
    Thus the conflict
    When you make these so called mistakes who's doing the judging?
    -

Jul 10, 2009, 03:54 PM

Well nohelp
    I couldn't give a reputation seems I have to spread it around but I like your advice
    Humour is the answer
    JadeMarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 04:00 PM

I have been working at a day care center for about 2 weeks or so now. And I'm still learning everything. Yesterday I accedently left juice sitting out of the fridge. I understand that the juice could go bad... but I don't have children of my own and I'm not used to all of this sort of thing yet. They won't be patient and give me a chance to LEARN. I don't make the same mistakes over and over and over or anything. Last week I dumped a dirty diaper into the trash instead of taking it outside into the big dumpster. Again, I don't have kids, I just don't think about stuff like that you know?

I seem to be getting really emotional about this.
    -

Jul 10, 2009, 04:05 PM

I understand,but it sounds like the proublem lies more with the co-workers than you.
    And frankly it doesn't do any good to talk to them or anything like that just carry on quit taking things so personal and evintuallly your mistakes will be less and your good points will shine in between time try to do your best with the kids and smile a lot
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 04:06 PM

You need to get more focused and not let yourself get stressed. With a daycare I don't think I would do the laugh it off thing like I suggested because then they will say you aren't taking your job serious.

What you can do when you make a mistake with them is repeat your mistake in a positive way like oops I have to make a mental note of that Orange juice gets put away immediately.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 08:12 PM

Remember, there was only one perfect human being in all of the earth. And he was crucified!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 08:16 PM

Got to spread the rep 450donn, but well said!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 08:17 PM
    It's possible that the regulations are very strict, and they're just doing their job. Which is a good thing.

When you forget things like putting juice away, and wiping/disinfecting door knobs etc. that is a health hazzard.

What I would suggest you try, is keep a small notebook and pen. When you make mistakes, which you will because this is new to you, write it out. You may not really need to, but it will show them that you are seriously trying.

Every new job has a 'learning curve', and it would be helpful for all those things they expect you to know, to be posted somewhere, or given to you in a printout. Maybe you can ask if such a thing exists.

And I agree with the others. Once you get the hang of everything, it will be second nature, and you'll do just fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it suppose to come out [ 6 Answers ]

Me and boyfriend are trying to have a child but its been a year and we are not having any luck, but want I wanted to ask was if after having sex is his (sperm) suppose to fall out.

Am I suppose to get over this? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay this is crazy, I dated someone, for almost five years. We just broke up about 6 weeks ago and I am a mess it hurt so much but I feel that he still loves me and that he is just fighting the urge to be togather because of family and friend influences, The same goes for me but the diffrence is...

I Did What I Was Not Suppose To Do.. . [ 2 Answers ]

I met this wonderful guy on-line a couple of months ago and we clicked instantly. Had a lot in common, mutual physical attraction and spent what time we could together because we are both legally separated. This is the first intimate relationship I have been in since my separation. He had dated a...

What am I suppose to do [ 6 Answers ]

This is been going on for a long time. I had my daughter at a young age 16yr old, and my mother and grandmother have raised her the most of the time, but she knows I am her mother; Here lately we been at each others throats, she hates me, she's cutting herself, she doesn't want to live with...

Is this what its suppose to feel like [ 37 Answers ]

Hello Three months ago my dad passed away really suddenly. One month ago, my husband left and said he didn't love me anymore. I believed him. I got all the money in order, went to a lawyer and applied for a new mortgage and bought my husband out. I sorted through the whole house, pictures,...

View more questions Search