Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetWench918 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Installing Glacier Bay 766-585G
    We have installed the Shower Set only; however can't get the hot water to turn off.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Hi Sweet:

Did you solder the valve in place with the guts inside the valve? If so, you may have melted an oring or a washer, etc...

Here, you will need to shut off the water supply and then remove the guts to the shower valve and see what it is that has loosened/dislodged and/or melted..?

If necessary you may need to contact glacier bay for a replacement cartridge.

Try this first... see what you find. Let us know what happens.

MARK
    jackfraser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2014, 04:18 AM
    Water is running out the shower and faucets does not shut it off
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2014, 08:27 AM
    Please repost your question separately and give us a better idea of the issue. Do not just stick your answer on a 5 year old post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier Bay [ 16 Answers ]

What is the toll free phone number for glacier bay faucets?

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Glacier Bay Faucet installed in our kitchen in 2005. The neck swivel is very stiff. Is this normal, or should it swivel easily. Is this intended to be lubricated, and if so, how is this done? Thanks!

Glacier Bay Web Site [ 29 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if there is a web site for Glacier Bay faucet parts or if Glacier Bay has their own site? Looking for plastic diverter stem (I think that's what it is called) for a shower faucet.

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old Glacier Bay kitchen faucet with pull out spray head. Recently the faucet is very difficult to pivot, so much so that the base plate on the sink twists when you try. I uninstalled, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed the faucet and it is still the same. My trip to Home...

Glacier Bay Faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I work at an apartment property that is just about a year old we have Glacier Bay faucets we are having trouble finding the diverter for the kitchen faucet they are whistling and making a thumping noise and when the sprayer is used they often leak we have looked at our vendors like HDS and they do...

View more questions Search