Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j1145n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Is it legal for an employeer to continue to pay employee health insurance once COBRA
    Is it legal for an former emlpoyeer to continue to pay for a separated employees' health insurance?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2009, 01:52 PM

Yes as long as they treat all former employees equally.
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Depending how the former employee was notified, COBRA may not even have started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Employee insurance benefit package [ 9 Answers ]

Is this legal for my employer to do? I recently took the health insurance offered by the company (first time in 6 yrs.) My supervisor states: "since I now take the health insurance, I will be making .35 cents less an hour" I already pay for this insurance every pay period - my portion is $44...

Is it legal to pay employee partial cash [ 1 Answers ]

My employer 1099 me and then w2 is it legal plus is it legal legal to pay an employee partial check and partial cash

Should I continue Gap insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I owned a new 2007 Honda Civic, the dealer discussed so many insurance policies apart from the regular auto insurance and the dealer was successful in getting two additional insrance policies from me. I accepted the policies without knowing what it was.. This was my first car. Out of...

Cobra Insurance Coverage [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my current employer in one week. I will be starting with my new company immediately. I will lose my health care benefits the day I quit my current employer, and will not pick up my new coverage for 1 month. My question is what are the rules on COBRA retroactive? For...

View more questions Search