Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JH9201993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
    3 reasons for ear piercings
    OK so I'm almost 16, and I'm a guy. I'm a skater and I want to get both of my lobes pierced. My dad said that if I gave him 3 decent reasons to why he should let me get my ears pierced he would think about it. I already asked him if he had three in one ear when he was younger why can't I. he says guys with ear piercings look like thugs and I can't really get him to change his thoughts. Does anyone know of any reasons a guy should pierce his ears?
    :confused:
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 01:46 PM

Freedom of information act... google it..
    Good reasons to pierce ears.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 01:46 PM

How about you be original and NOT get your ears pierced? Or do you actually just want to look like everyone else?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    freedom of information act...google it..
    good reasons to pierce ears.
    I have to disagree, until my son is moved out of the house, he doesn't have any governmental given rights.

16, in my house, freedom isn't quite an option.

18, living on your own, pierce yourself from head to toe, it's then your body.
    ScarredTissue Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    How about you be original and NOT get your ears pierced? Or do you actually just want to look like everyone else?
    How about you go and troll somewhere else.

Any one can do anything they want with their body as they please, when legally able to do so of course. Many people get piercings for different reasons, it's a free form of self expression. Why do you want to get pierced? Ask yourself.

To impress a girl is not a very good reason. I get pierced because I like modifying myself to how I want myself to look. I have three Helix and an industrial, going get get 3 more cartilage piercings. My piercings all have a meaning though, the three helixes represent something personal in my life (mother sister and myself), and the next three shall do so as well (my best friends whom I've had since grade school and are the only friends who have stayed with me). My industrial piercing represents commitment. Two holes sharing one bit of jewelry.

tell him that you're not a thug, this is just a form of individualizing yourself in your own way. (I know trolls will attack me on this.)

It's what you want to have, better you get a piercing than a child or smoke right? Try to make your situation, look less compared to other haha.

And offer to pay for it yourself, earlobe piercings are relatively cheap anyway, he just needs to sign off on it.

Look up piercing care and tell him you know how to treat your piercings and you know about the risk of infections and what not. Just be smart about it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarredTissue View Post
    How about you go and troll somewhere else.
    Troll, Son you better check my credentials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

Are piercings OK? [ 8 Answers ]

I just received my certificate to become a sub... In my class our instructors said any tattoos are allowed (which to me is crazy) but what about piercing?? ... I know of 2 TAs that have nose studs... ... I have a tiny diamond nose stud and a diamond monroe that is flush with my skin... I don't...

Lip Piercings [ 2 Answers ]

In may i got my monroe pierced (upper lip) and now its my birthday on the 17th and my mom said im aloud another lip piercing. Im not sure if i should get the otherside, * i really want it* or my right bottom lip. People say my other side of my monroe wudlook tacky, but i want ittt. but they said...

Piercings [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.

View more questions Search