Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grl4glenn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Sick Crabapple tree
    I have 4 crabapple tree's, one is looking very sick with dead limbs all over it . It still has some life because it still has leaves on it and crabapples growing on it. But I would like to stop the destruction before the tree dies. Do you have any suggestions on how I can save the tree?
    Glenn
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jul 12, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Hi! grl4glenn, and Welcome to UDT :)

Can you match any of the leaves with images from this site?
    Sick Tree Savage MN

Then you may have apple scab.
    If you see tiny holes in the bark, then a type of borer or worm.

Usually, when a homeowner sees these two problems there is only two ways to go.
    Hire a professional tree doctor. He's the only one that can obtain the Oils, Fungicides, and pesticides to cure these problems.
    I know you don't want to hear this, but you may have to cut this one down to save the other three... If they are not already infected.

Some insight on Crabapple problems:
    Questions On Flowering Crab

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut Tree Down? Tree Roots destroying my walkway. [ 7 Answers ]

I have some type of birch tree in the front of my house. The roots have grown up on the lawn and crakes my walk way. The tree is beautiful but is destroying my walkway and the lawn. Can I save it or should I just cut it down. If I replant a tree, what tree can I plant that will avoid damaging my...

Dying or disease crabapple tree [ 1 Answers ]

Tree is very old... beautiful green leafs in spring. Leafs are slowly turning yellow, with black spots. Last summer tree dropped all leaves by August. Tree is hollow in many main branches... growing spurts off major trunk. Trimmed back old dead branches... not sure if tree is dying or...

How do you kill tree roots after more than 2 years after the tree was cut down? [ 5 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had a tree removed from my front yard and the stump ground. I was told that this was enough to kill the remaining roots. However, I don't believe that this is true since the driveway is cracking and splitting even more now than when we had the tree. One side of the crack is...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

View more questions Search