Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djdylan2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Explorer.exe has generated errors
    I have a Dlink GLB-502T ADSL modem. When I switch it on sometimes my explorer.exe process gives errors with that message, "Explorer.exe has generated errors and needs to close"
    I have XP SP2 Home, 2.8GHz, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD. This problem occurs only on one user account, and this user account is an administrator account. All other accounts on this computer(limited and administrator) do not have this problem.
    Besides this my system restore doesn't work anymore. It says "Restoration Incomplete" no matter what point I choose. I tried disabling, re-booting and re-enabling System restore, but no Luck
    Someone please help both me with my probs.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Could be spyware related.
    Here's some ideas for you.
    To make sure everything is running fine run both anti virus and anti spyware apps in normal AND safe modes. (make sure that they are updated first ! ;)) (AVG is good and free AV)
    (A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

ALso an on line virus and spyware scanner is Trend Housecall

Just a note; actively running two AV's on one machine can cause problems.
    So if you are thinking about it make sure your current one is disabled first.
    SAme thing applies to online scanners as well.

If this doesn't work can you please let us know more of the symptons and your computers setup.

If none of these work it maybe worth recreating the profile and going from there.
    swishchix Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 08:16 PM
    I saw this solution online maybe it can help your problem...

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techf...r-crashes.html

Good luck!

--- swishchix --- :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix an error with Explorer.exe (0xc000005)? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, all; error in explorer.exe (0xc0000005).there is problem to intialize the application.

Internet Explorer Errors [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I go to open a web page, I get an error from (IE) that says: Line 4, char 89, error expected. What is causing this and how can I fix it?:confused:

Explorer.exe-Application Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Dimension E510 w/Windows XP. I recently converted from Norton Antivirus to SpySweeper and then I've been try to use the Microsoft Defender II antivirus program to protect my computer. Somewhere in the transition I got several infections and now I get an application error...

Internet explorer script errors [ 4 Answers ]

My operating system is windows 98. When on the net, and trying to print, I get script errors. I have both acrobat reader and flash downloaded. How do I correct this on my system? Thank you

Explorer.exe using 99% of memory! [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever I try and open my music folder, things start going VERY slow. Task manager shows that explorer.exe is using 99% of the CPU to try and open the folder. Around the same time this started, windows media player went on the fritz. Also, when I try and uninstall recently installed...

View more questions Search