Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflyangel2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Where can 2 woman who are in love get legally married?
    My girlfriend and I have been together for a year. We are much in love. We would like to get married legally.we live in Florida witch is a ban same sex marriage.where can we go to get married? Where it will be legalized? We would like to get married asap.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:10 AM

I don't have a list, but I know NH and MA are two choices. NH passed the law a few weeks ago.

I believe you have to be a resident of those states to qualify, although I don't know for sure.
    rlopez22epik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 10:43 AM

Don't worry about going across the world just to get a piece of paper to state how much you love one another. You shouldn't need the states approval and a Diamond ring on your left hand to prove that you love one another. If you guys are doing happily in love with one another, why not just leave it how it is.Ever herd of the term if its not broken why try to fix it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 10:55 AM

Unless you're looking for the financial benefits, there's no denying your love to one another, so why would you need to get married?

But if you really want to get married, here's the list of States in the USA and anywhere in Canada:

Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    truckingsally Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 07:42 PM

Ontario, Canada
    jham123 Posts: 77, Reputation: 20

Jul 31, 2009, 07:26 AM

Other than filing joint Tax returns, which is a Federal issue. All states offer the same benefits of marriage through Civil unions.

So, what is the motivation here? To make a statement?

I call suspect to the Original post to begin with... Google has this info...
    jannmckay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 05:11 PM

Toronto or sudbury ontario canada... my ex husband just did it with his lover... its cool we r all friends now lol
    NorseThor Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
    I believe the state of Utah
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseThor View Post
    I believe the state of Utah

Please post your source. I find:
    Connecticut
    District of Columbia
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New York
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Vermont

The info posted by I Wish is very good although I am not 100% sure it is up to date.

OP should post which State and let "us" research it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Since this question is months old, I will guess that they found a place to get married or changed their minds.

Either way, I hope they have a great life filled with happy memories. :)
    bjnicholson71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Is it legal in the state of Florida for 2 woman to have a domestic partnership?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married woman in love with a married man ! [ 31 Answers ]

Please I need a reply for my problem , but plzzzzzzzz don't type an answer that is talking about ethics, morality & consequences of infedility.. I just need to know does he really love me & how to win him back.. We were work colleagues since 2002 I was single & he was married couple of months when...

I'm in love with a married woman [ 10 Answers ]

I know a lot of you are going to judge me but I am really torn I love this girl more than anything ever I don't want to live my life without her. I've been with her for 6 months husband is gone but coming back soon. She's says she still love him but is in love with me?

In Love With A Married Woman [ 7 Answers ]

I’m a 27yr old male and I’m still a virgin. My life sucks huh? I just so want to lose my virginity and I think I have found the prefect woman to help me out. We work together and I’ve known her now for almost 4 years. But the thing is she’s married and I could be falling in love with her. Although...

In love with a married woman [ 6 Answers ]

I am 42 years age and married happly since 16yrs. Nice loving wife and 2 kids 14yr and 11 yr old.I am in love with a 37yr old married woman who is also married happly since 10yrs.we know each other for last 11 yrs. We liked each other and are in same job. For the last few months we have come too...

I am in love with a married woman [ 6 Answers ]

I have known a woman for about the last 10 years. She is a neighbour however we met in a sports/social environment. Over the last 2 years I have fallen in love with her. I think about her all the time and have had some hard times getting through nights, handling the situation and thinking about...

View more questions Search