Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaosrox Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 06:54 PM
    High pitched squeal coming from hot water tap in shower
    Just recently a loud, high pitched squeal has started in the hot water tap of my shower. If I play around with the tap it will stop (but most of the time start again). Any idea on what the problem is and how I can fix it?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 07:19 PM

Loose washer on hot water stem.

Turn off water. Remove handle. Remove trim material. Remove bonnet nut. Remove stem. Replace washer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High pitched noice in basement [ 2 Answers ]

There is a high pitched noice in my basement... as far as I can tell, its near the hot water heater. Above it... maybe in the pipes? Any ideas. It is not anything electronic or washer/dryer related... help!

Looking for Song, Guy with High-Pitched Voice [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm searching for this song, but have little info on it. All I can remember is he's constantly talking about colors and emotions. Naming them as what he could be. Not a whole lot of help I know, but it goes something like this. "I can happy, i can be sad. I can be green, I can be...

High pitched sound while tub is off [ 2 Answers ]

We are having problems with the plumbing in our main shower/tub. Rarely can we shut the water flow to the tub all the way off, and now we can regularly hear a high pitched noise from the tub while the faucet is OFF. If I build the water pressure up enough it will stop, but as soon as I turn down...

High Pitched Whine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very perculiar problem with a computer I gave to a customer. It makes a very high pitched whining noise. It's not very loud, just loud enough to get hella annoying after a half an hour or so. I discovered that by unplugging the sound jack for the internal speakers from the back the...

A man who has a fairly high-pitched voice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a quick question and hope you can help me. I am a man (a real man) but my voice is so feminine. Sometimes, I'm not so confident talking with people, especially talking with women. I'm wondering if there is any kind of medicine out there that I can take to improve my voice? I...

View more questions Search