Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yosomoton213 Posts: 174, Reputation: 45

Jul 9, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Australian Cattle Dogs
    Do Australian Cattle Dogs make good pets for a family? What are your experiences with them?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 06:16 PM

I don't know anything about them but I found this article.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/australian..._dog/index.cfm
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 06:19 PM

I had an Australian cattle dog when I was younger. They are very good dogs. They can be very very hyper, so some training around very little ones may be in order, but all in all they make great pets and they are very smart :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 03:31 AM

Aussies are a working breed so they need a lot of exercise to keep them happy and so that they don't become destructive.
    If you are willing to put a lot of time into exercise and training then they would make a great pet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Australian Stick Bug [ 4 Answers ]

I just received an Australian Stick Bug as a gift, and I have no idea what to do with it. It is in a vented plastic cage with a flip top lid, some fake ivy in it, and a small water dish. I was told to feed it greens. I don't know what kind, or if the wrong kind would be bad for it. Can someone...

Science saving the world from cattle flatulence [ 6 Answers ]

The Telegraph tells us now that scientist have discovered that Cows which are fed omega 3 fatty acids belch out less greenhouse gases that cause climate change Fish oils reduce greenhouse emissions from 'flatulent cows' - Telegraph Dr Lorraine Lillis has discovered that cows fart less when...

At a cattle market. [ 1 Answers ]

AT A CATTLE MARKET. Three countrymen met at a cattle market. "Look here," said Hodge to Jakes, "I'll give you six of my pigs for one of your horses, and then you'll have twice as many animals here as I've got." "If that's your way of doing business," said Durrant to Hodge, "I'll give you...

Global Warming and Cattle Flatulence [ 6 Answers ]

Well the consensus is in . Drive your SUV all you want to . But whatever you do ,don't eat that burger!! Eating beef ' is less green than driving' - Telegraph Yup the French ski resorts areall muddy due to cow farts . This may not be what the Global Warming Alarmists want to hear ;but...

Australian movie? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie in the 80's about some school kids and their school was taken over by some criminals. Eventually the kids trap the criminals in a cave or something and killed them. I can't remember the name of that film but if anyone knows I would appreciate the info. Chris

View more questions Search