Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Mobile home title
    I live in va and I recently brought a mobile home in feb. of this year. I want to know can someone sell you a mobile home without the title. I think I have the bill of sale it doesn't say bill of sale also it does not have the make model or year it was made. When I asked could she give me a bill of sale with this information on it she said she didn't have it nor did she have the title. She said that she never had a title so legally can she sell it to me. Is there anything I can do please help I
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 03:21 PM

She needs to get the title. She can go to the DMV and ask about a title for it. If she can't come up with it then you should take her to court for your money back.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 12:02 PM

You can go to the DMV yourself and check to see if the mobile home was ever titled in VA to begin with. Copy down the S/N of the home from the ID plate located in the bottom corner of the home on the outside. The DMV will be able to tell you who owns the mobile home. If the woman that sold you the home is not the listed owner, then contact that woman and tell her that Mr. So And So has the home titled to them and that she needs to get the home titled in her name so that she can transfer the home's title into your name or you will take her to court for the money you paid to her for the home. You cannot legally sell a mobile home to another individual without the title transfer into the new owner's name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Mobile Home Title [ 2 Answers ]

MOBILE HOME TITLE - I bought a 1999 repo mobile home in 2002. I never had it set up to live in until 2004. Silly me never sent the title in ( I paid cash for the home) and now I cannot find the title. I have also never listed it so there is no county tax record. I now need to sell the home - is...

Mobile Home Title [ 3 Answers ]

I lost my mobile home title during Katrina (I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast). The lien holder said they don't have it anymore because they sent it to me. How do I get a copy of it?

Mobile home title [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I paid off my trailer years ago.I went to get insurance on it and found out there's a lien on it,the finance company is no longer in business.How do I go about getting this lien off so I can get insurance?

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search