Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JZELECTRICAL Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 02:59 PM
    RG6 cable for Line level audio
    We need one pair 22AWG for one channel line level audio(Left or right).We also can use one RG6 coax cable for one channel line level audio.There is only one center conductor in side RG6 .How can that RG6 work for line level audio? It looks like we need two RG6.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 04:16 PM

For Stereo you will, You can crimp on a F(coax) fitting, and use adapter, they also make crimp on RCA Fittings for coax(Male or female). They also make dual coax.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Jul 9, 2009, 10:10 PM

Coaxial cable has two conductors – a single centre conductor and a metal shield (copper braid or aluminium foil) around the outside (but covered by a plastic sheath). It's called 'coaxial' because the two conductors share the same axis. With the right connectors, both conductors are used to complete the circuit. The outer conductor ('shield') is for the 'ground' side of the signal, while the inner conductor is for the 'hot' side of the signal.

Daniel
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 10:19 PM

What's the application?

Existing wiring through walls? Balanced/unbalanced connections? You mention 22 AWG and RG-6 in the same sentence and I'm confused. You mean 22 AWG twisted pair/shielded cable?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Line level fixture on 12 volt circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I have built an outdoor kitchen that has a pergola over it. I installed a low voltage transformer in that outdoor kitchen that I had planned to power four small hanging pendant lights that would hang from the pergola over the bar area of the kitchen (kind of like pendant lights that would hang...

Low level formatting error in FORUS audio recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a FORUS Digital Audio Recorder FSV-1000. Last 2 years it was good. Some days ago it is giving error "need low level formatting" "too many bad sectors". But while I give the job to do the Forus giving massage "low format 100%. please wait." After waiting several hours it cannot complete the...

Can I run a electrical line in the same conduit as phone and cable? [ 9 Answers ]

Aloha All, I built a little 8'x12' office that is approximately 185ft from my main house. I was planning on running a electric, phone, and cable line in an underground conduit from my house to the office. Can I just use 20A romex for the electrical line that will be tapped off an exterior...

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

Enhancing Audio Level [ 1 Answers ]

Used a Sony HDV Camcorder to record video. Using Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0 to edit. Source video's audio level is too low. Can hear but only when PC's sound is turned all the way up. Looking for suggestions on how to increase to audio level. The audio is clear - in that it's not background...

View more questions Search