Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jul 9, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Writing a book.
    Okay so I am trying to write a book but I find myself not to be the best writer unfortunately... So I was thinking of having someone write the book for me. I believe they are called "ghost writers" they do them for celebrities all the time... Now the question is how do I go about getting someone to write my book?
    Mister M Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2009, 02:52 PM

You're funny... sorry about that... If "somebody else" write your book it's not yours even you are talking about a "ghost writer".
    Ok so you want to find out how to write... first you got to find your own style... the way you're "talking" to the reader. I've wrote many articles in the places I've worked. And after I finished the story and read it I couldn't believe it was I who wrote that... The secret?. Write how much you can on your laptop, write everything that's coming through your head you must meditate before and think about your subject.. then when you will write... you'll be in trance like.. writing for hours after that read your note. You might be a genius who knows... Hear your deeply whisper from your thoughts-that one that you thrust. It will illuminate you. Now you have your secret good luck with your book... I've tried to write a book too, but every time I wanted to publish it I had lost it and the back up.. Every time again and again and then I realise that maybe something are not meant to be said or wrote.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 02:56 PM

If you Google 'ghost writers' there is loads of information to get you started,however they also require a fee.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 02:58 PM

What would be the subject of your book? Fiction or non-fiction?

Jul 12, 2009, 03:08 PM

I believe redhed35 has the right answer if you're not talented just hire somebody
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister M View Post
    I believe redhed35 has the right answer if you're not talented just hire somebody
    I didn't say that!

The op looked for information on ghost writing,I suggested a Google site,the op may very well be a good writer,but just needs some direction.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MISTER M
    if you're not talented just hire somebody
    I totally disagree with Mister M. No one can write this book like you can. I suggest you just simply begin to write, and continue to do so whenever something strikes you. Don't edit yourself. Maybe have one spiral-bound notebook devoted to notes and scribblings and sentences and paragraphs for your book. Or do the same with a Word file. Write the middle of it, write something that might go at the end, but just write. (I usually start in the middle.) Don't overthink it, but just write.

Jul 12, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    i didnt say that!

the op looked for information on ghost writing,i suggested a google site,the op may very well be a good writer,but just needs some direction.
    Yes that is true, but on Google the op would pay... so will hire somebody... yes he can be a good writer too but I hope that I've told him before it will help him... Sorry if I interpreted your words I always think in conclusion maybe that's way...
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:22 PM

The op can browse the sites without having to pay,at least get some information on how to get started.

It's a hard thing to do,god knows I've tried and failed. But with a little guidance and belief in your book I believe its possible.

Jul 12, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I totally disagree with Mister M. No one can write this book like you can. I suggest you just simply begin to write, and continue to do so whenever something strikes you. Don't edit yourself. Maybe have one spiral-bound notebook devoted to notes and scribblings and sentences and paragraphs for your book. Or do the same with a Word file. Write the middle of it, write something that might go at the end, but just write. (I usually start in the middle.) Don't overthink it, but just write.
    Totally disagree to you Wondergirl... why? You're telling him something I've already told him but with your own words I don't know what you're trying to do if you think this is a competition of answers you're wrong... I will ask you how many articles have you wrote but I don't argue with you. I don't like when somebody contradicts me and... in the and it tells the same..
    End of discussion... Good Luck with your book mister

Jul 12, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    the op can browse the sites without having to pay,at least get some information on how to get started.

its a hard thing to do,god knows ive tried and failed. but with a little guidance and belief in your book i believe its possible.
    If he will do that... it's a start for the op. Sorry for you redhed35, maybe you should try again... you can do this, at least you give good advices.

Jul 12, 2009, 03:58 PM

The OP is a girl... that's me :) anyway... The only reason I started this thread was because I feel like if I tell my story to someone who has a little more imagination they will be able to bring the book more to life than I ever could... I enjoy writing and I love reading poetry and quotes and one of my friends have told me time and time again that I have a unique and captivating writing style but I just find it dull and boring... I thank you all for your advice and keep it coming!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister M View Post
    I will ask you how many articles have you wrote but I don't argue with you.
    My credentials: I've written and had published one long article for the Chicago Historical Society, four books, and one short story that appeared in an autism magazine. I am the facilitator of a very popular writing group at the library where I work.

I know whereof I speak.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 04:04 PM

Have you shown your work to anyone else?

Perhaps a different perspective on your work? Besides friends. Maybe someone in your area who has written pieces for the paper or their own book.

Sometimes we are are own worst critics.(I raise my hand here)

Aug 1, 2009, 12:19 PM

Yeah I am an awful critic especially about myself... and no I haven't shown my work to anyone else.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagan88 View Post
    yeah i am an awful critic especially about myself... and no i havent shown my work to anyone else.
    You said earlier "one of my friends have told me time and time again that I have a unique and captivating writing style," so someone believes in you. I'm guessing you don't need a ghostwriter; you can do fine on your own. Start writing this book that you have in mind and see where it goes. Come back here and tell us how things are going.

Aug 3, 2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah one of my friends went through this journal thing I keep... It so wasn't my choice and it was crazy embarrassing... I have though started writing but I am so OCD that if it's not perfect I cannot move past it... What is the best way of going about this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagan88 View Post
    Yeah one of my friends went through this journal thing I keep...It so wasn't my choice and it was crazy embarrassing...I have though started writing but I am so OCD that if it's not perfect I cannot move past it... What is the best way of going about this?
    How have you done your schoolwork and research papers? I too have OCD but my system might not work for you. I write notes and scribbles on Word and then save it. I am able to keep myself from deleting as I add more (because I don't read old stuff). Later, I print out the whole section and try to pull it together into a chapter or story. On Word, my files look like this: Ch 1 - they meet; Ch 2 - car accident; Ch 3 - hospital... and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm writing a book [ 3 Answers ]

I want to write a book about what the world would be like if the continents reformed to one single continent. I have more than one question, First, Is there a way it could happen suddenly? Second, Could a bomb set off an earthquake?/ Is there anything that can set off an earthquake? Third,...

Writing a book [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing a book (actually a booklet) on natural supplements and how they correct health problems. It is very basic and general. The information I am using is stuff I have accumulated through the years and said by many alternative doctors and things I found on the internet and books I have...

I'm writing a book [ 3 Answers ]

I want to write a book about what the world would be like if the continents reformed to one single continent. I have more than one question, First, Is there a way it could happen suddenly? Second, Could a bomb set off an earthquake?/ Is there anything that can set off an earthquake? Third,...

Writing a book [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm writing a book I think, but its more of a diary form. It starts when I'm 11 and daddy leaves but I need a name for a character he's supposed to be my best friend who I love wholeheartedly at the age of 16 and he's amazingly perfect. Have any ideas? Oh and I also need to name an evil fish.

Writing My First Book [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new at this, so please be patient. I am writing my first book, but I have been writing short stories and poems many years. I am 55 years of age. I am currenty writing a book about own experiences dealing with molestation by a neighbor, never telling anyone, the way I handled and survied...

View more questions Search