Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 14, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    If you say that the other gods are not false gods, then you effectively become a polytheist, believing in many gods. Scripture is clear that there are no other gods:
    So I suppose then I am a polytheist also if I say that the Son of God is also God 'cause that would make two of them!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7gur View Post
    So I suppose then I am a polytheist also if I say that the Son of God is also God 'cause that would make two of them!
    No, no, no. You're now going through a different subject; the Holy Trinity.

Jesus is God,
    The Holy Spirit is God,
    The Father is God,

But, Jesus is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit,
    The Father is not Jesus nor the Holy Spirit
    The Holy Spirit is not Jesus nor the Father.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:21 AM
    If you were to deny the trinity it would. That is why the doctrine of the trinity as described in scripture is important.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Mark 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
    False gods,leaders who think themselves high and mighty or anything and anyone else, are dead , but God is God of the living!
    Read the context.

Mark 12:18-27
    18 Then some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him; and they asked Him, saying: 19 "Teacher, Moses wrote to us that if a man's brother dies, and leaves his wife behind, and leaves no children, his brother should take his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first took a wife; and dying, he left no offspring. 21 And the second took her, and he died; nor did he leave any offspring. And the third likewise. 22 So the seven had her and left no offspring. Last of all the woman died also. 23 Therefore, in the resurrection, when they rise, whose wife will she be? For all seven had her as wife." 24 Jesus answered and said to them, "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 26 But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken."
    NKJV

This is a debate that He had with the Sadduccees who denied that there was any resurrection of the dead. It has nothing to do with whether there are or not false gods.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Mark 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
    False gods,leaders who think themselves high and mighty or anything and anyone else, are dead , but God is God of the living!
    I think Jesus said that because 'God of the Dead' sounds rather scary and it is sort of 'God likes death' which is false. God of course want us to be alive.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:26 AM

In other words God says I made you gods , because He says I have said but you shall die like men because you do not judge well.
    Seems to me that you altered / added some words there to make it appear that God made them to be gods. It is dangerous to alter God's word. God does not even imply that He exaclted them to be gods, nor indeed anyone.

People choosing to die like men because they do not judge well, does not mean that God did not make us gods!
    He did made us but we chose differently![/QUOTE]
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 14, 2009, 10:58 AM

According to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, those gods (plural) can be applied to magistrates. (Rulers, people in charge.)

That is about the only way you can make sense of this.

Jesus said in effect, You are in great authority, but you will die like any other men.

And since you accept this definition applied to you (gods) why do you say I blaspheme if I claim to the Son of God?
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 14, 2009, 10:15 PM

You made your point, I made mine, end of story!After all this is not the subject here.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    But Adam,
    that's the whole point here. It doesn't matter if someone gets answers, we are only here to discuss endlessly on this discussion board about trivialities that don't really matter. It almost gives our lives meaning.
    Since you are not looking for answers homesell why do you keep posting questions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 05:22 AM

Homesell,

Well first this is not a discussion board, this is the Christian area for a question and answer.

If you want mindless chat, go find a area for that.

I have issued you a waring for argumements, deleted some of your posts and closed this thread.

Please correct your purpose for asking questions on here if you wish to continue to do so on the question boards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My parents don't approve career paths [ 19 Answers ]

Hey watsup guys? I don't know if this is the right thread but somehow I love posting in the relationship forum! =P Feel free to move this post if necessary. Anyway the problem is that I have an absolute passion for music and I would love to pursue a career in that area. I want to travel and tour...

Switching career paths [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am writing because I am seriously considering changing career paths. I am currently working towards my master's degree in social work, but I know that is not what I really want to do with my life. I wanted to counsel;but my grades were not high enough to get into the school of psychology;...

Exterior drainage - paths slope towards garage [ 1 Answers ]

After a few rainfalls, I realised that water seeps into my aluminium clad garage from concrete paths on 3 sides and from a slight bank on one side. I've put drain-coil into the bank and dug a trench to below ground level on that side but the trench still tends to fill up. This side gets run-off...

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search