Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2006, 10:53 PM
    Accessing public records--another ?
    I recently had a company do a background check -- wanted me to work for them instead of private contractor. Am on good terms with them. Friends with manager's son, who also works there (lg. apt. complex-- renovating all apts.) If I ask them, nicely, can I get info. They received? Is it legal for them to do so?
    Is this a bad idea all the way around?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2006, 06:06 AM
    You can ask. There is nothing illegal about them giving you info they obtained on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accessing adoption records [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can help me! * I'm adopted and have recently decided to search for my biological family. Thing is there is a lot of stuff about the adoption I don't know. I've heard I am entitled to view my records, but I have no idea how to go about it. If anyone can offer me any...

Accessing public records-- update problem [ 2 Answers ]

Just to clarify -- mainly need exact dates of work history -- 8-20 yrs ago -- don't have info handy --- take forever to find -- have given approximate dates, but not very close-- don't want prospective employers to think lying --- then, started wondering what else they find out about me. Not...

Accessing my own public records [ 4 Answers ]

How do I find and access what prospective employers see when they do a background check? Also, need to find out exact dates of previous companies I have worked for. Has to be a way without paying a service to do it ($40). Aany suggestions? All help appreciated ! ...

"public records" [ 3 Answers ]

When a search for "public records" is done on Yahoo! 229 million results come back. The majority of the results are for companies that offer public records searches for a fee. If they are public records, why is there a fee? Where are they getting their information?

Anonymity on House Deed/Public Records? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to not have my name on my house deed because it is a public record and can be looked up easily by surnames? (this is for personal safety concerns) Would purchasing the home in the name of a Trust or LLC work? Any other ideas? Thank you for your help. ...

View more questions Search