Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny 1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 05:28 AM
    My daughter is going to be adopted by my ex;s new husband
    I am a single father living in Ireland my ex girlfriend and I had a daughter back in 2000 she moved to england just before she had the baby and has being living there ever since I get to see my daughter twice a year since she has been born and talk to her regular on the phone and also pay maintenance every week. My ex told me that she is planning to marry and is pregnant again and her new husband to be wants to adopt my daughter so they can be a proper family. As my name is not on the birth certificate where do I stand she has not told the welfare over there that I am giving her money ever week and the fact that my name is not on her birth cert do I need to get a lawyer.
    If any could give me some advice I would be most grateful I don't have any rights.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Jul 9, 2009, 05:36 AM

I don't know much about divorce, but I do know a lot about a mans rights, and you have all the rights you damnm well please to your daughter man, get a lawer and work things out, taking a way a mans kid is crazy

Ps.
    As soon as I read you were from ireland, I started reading that in a irish accent in my head, weird
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 06:49 AM

First thing you need to do is file to establish paternity. She could very easily start the process for him to adopt since your name isn't on the birth certificate.

Since you have been paying her without the proper channels she could deny you have given her anything so if you have proof you have been giving her money you need to gather that up for your own protection in case they could come after you for back support.

Once you get your name on the birth certificate then you have rights.
    You can refuse your willing to let him be adopted. You could possibly draw up an agreement that you will give him up for adoption but you want them to agree that you are allowed to see him like in an open adoption.

You really do need to see a lawyer to see if any of these or more can be options for you.
    If they are cooperative you may be able to get them to agree to letting you see him without going through the paternity test and adding you to the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my adopted daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can go to register for free so that my adopted daughter can find me if she decides to look for her biological family?

My Daughter was Adopted [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Sarah , I'am looking for my four year old daughter who was snatched from my Husband and myself in 2004, the only child I will ever have because my Husband as MS. The law saids you have to wait until they are 18, but I want to find her now. Can Adoption Orders be overturned in the...

My daughter was adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My question is that my daughter was adopted about 9yrs. Ago and I've finally realized that the grandmother that adopted her is not her biological grandmother and actually has no real ties to her and I'm wondering is that a legal adoption with her not being the biological grandmother? Do I really...

My daughter wants to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are getting married in August of 09 and my 10 year old daughter wants him to adopt her. Her biodad is seldom around and is not on her birth certificate he has no leagel rights I have sole leagel custudy but her bio dad does pay support what can we do?

How would my husband adopted my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is amber. My husband wants to adopted my daughter, but we don't know where her bio father is. How do I do this . How would I go about my husband adopting her?

View more questions Search