Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    befree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Underground Cast iron to pvc
    I am adding a on to a bathroom in my basement. I want to put a sink a tub in. The main issue is that the sewage line under the concrete floor is cast iron. Can I connect pvc to castiron with a boot and then cover back up with dirt? Are there an issues with do it that way? Is there a better way?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Oct 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
    You can use a no hub coulpling designed just for that purpose. It should say right on the edge of it, 4" pl x4" ci. (If 4 " is what you need) pl stands for plastic and ci stands for cast iron.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron soil stack to pvc [ 15 Answers ]

the plumbing in our house is from 1936. We noticed a large stain in the ceiling, tore it out to reveal the cast iron soil stack (runs from the upstairs bathroom turns a corner then runs straight to the basement) and found the leak was around (very bad leak) the lead joint. My husband finally got...

PVC into an Cast Iron opening [ 1 Answers ]

I have old cast iron drain pipes. The bathroom sink has a 2in galvanized pipe that screws into this cast iron pipe. The galvanized pipe is rusting out. Can I replace this galvanized pipe with plastic pipe?

Connecting pvc to cast iron [ 1 Answers ]

How can I connect a pvc pipe to a cast iron bell? What type of adhesive should be used?

PVC to Cast Iron Drain Mating [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to mate a new 2" PVC drain into an existing 3" cast iron bell that is part of the 4"` cast iron vent stack. The previous arrangement was 2" galvanised into the bell, sealed with oakum and lead. I looked at the Fernco thick rubber gaskets but the cast iron bell seems a bit out...

Cast iron or PVC waste/drain pipes? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm in the middle of a major remodel to my 1947 home, including adding a second story. We're trying to do everything top-notch, which leads me to the experts here. Here's my question: For the waste/drain pipes, I know we want to use cast iron in the drops between the floors (for...

View more questions Search