Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Horrible time sleeping
    I can't fall asleep at all at night, not even for an hour. I wake up exhausted. But I can sleep fine during the day. I don't understand, and I'm so tired.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 03:11 AM

Are you sleeping during the day?
    You sound like you have your days and nights mixed up. The best way to fix that is to not allow yourself to sleep during the day and keep really busy so that you are tired by night. Do that at least until you can sleep at night.
    If you don't work and exercise during the day that is one sure way to end up getting your days and nights mixed up.

Also you could have an imbalance like with your serotonin or adrenaline but then, I think, you probably wouldn't even be able to sleep during the day either.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 05:23 AM

There could be thoundsands of reasons for this, some medical and some not.

N0help4u pretty much said it already, but the simplest way to rule out a non-medical condition is, everyday, even on the weekends, wake up at the same time, go to bed at the same time, and never nap during the day. After 2-6 weeks of this, it'll reset your circadian rhythm and you'll be human again. Also, be conscious of your habits when you sleep, like clinching teeth, constantly looking at the clock, how evenly your breathing.

This is what worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping problems, not sleeping, insomnia [ 9 Answers ]

Hi this is the first time Ive ever been on this site seems to be very helpful. My boyfriend has been taking prescription ambien for about 7 months and his new doctor took him off that and gave him other sleeping medications but he does not sleep at all now. Maybe one or two hours a night and...

Was it really that horrible? [ 8 Answers ]

K so this is a really long story, but I'll try to cut it short So last year I was 15, and I became friends with a girl, that introduced me to her friend, who was 40 years old, that actually paid her for sex whenever she needed money. Well when I met the guy I didn't know and he ended up paying me...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

My dog is not eating and is sleeping all the time [ 2 Answers ]

My Staffordshire terrior is not eating. It all started when I leave my dog outside.Shes a house Dog I'm usually with at all times.I started leaving her outside for the past two weeks,from around 2:00 pm to 7:00pm.The first week she started to eat and drink small amounts of what I leave her out...

View more questions Search