Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 11:55 AM

Ooh that was georgious zippit!

And thank you guys for liking my poems. I'm sorry they almost made you cry
    Cherryblossom92 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Aug 7, 2009, 01:55 PM
    I love the last one! I have one that I wrote when I lost my son... (so it's pretty sad) but it was supposed to be a song... it's just never quite made it there.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkenpoet View Post
    I'm thinking that these poems were useful to you--for therapeutic reasons. Perhaps, because of that, you shouldn't be so interested in whether or not they are good poems. They aren't.

Reading lots of strong poetry is the best way to begin to discover what "good poetry" involves.

Hope these comments are helpful. I really don't mean for them to be harsh.
    Hey Buddy, I am waiting on YOUR poem. You must be really good, the way you judge other peoples work. You also must be a counselor, the way you diagnosed Jennie through HER poem.

Boy, we sure are lucky to have YOU around here to help all the budding poets. So, pick some of your best work, and post it so we can experience some "strong" stuff.
    nothing lasts Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 03:28 PM

And your a wonderful guy! I love this.I am poet and your too that's great
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkenpoet View Post
    I'm thinking that these poems were useful to you--for therapeutic reasons. Perhaps, because of that, you shouldn't be so interested in whether or not they are good poems. They aren't.

Reading lots of strong poetry is the best way to begin to discover what "good poetry" involves.

Hope these comments are helpful. I really don't mean for them to be harsh.
    I have to set something straight guys.

This is the writing forum. When you post here then you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad, especially with poetry.

Poetry is very personal, not everyone is going to love a poem. Even the most well known poets in the world have people who dislike their work. That's the way it is.

Now, could Bakkenpoet have been nicer? Yes. Did Bakkenpoet say anything factually incorrect? No. He/she stated his/her opinion.

This is the reason I don't post my writing anywhere, because I really don't care what anyone else thinks. :p

Okay, that was an attempt at humor. Lighten up everyone! ;)

Jennie, I liked them. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I have to set something straight guys.

This is the writing forum. When you post here then you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad, especially with poetry.

Poetry is very personal, not everyone is going to love a poem. Even the most well known poets in the world have people who dislike their work. That's the way it is.

Now, could Bakkenpoet have been nicer? Yes. Did Bakkenpoet say anything factually incorrect? No. He/she stated his/her opinion.

This is the reason I don't post my writing anywhere, because I really don't care what anyone else thinks. :p

Okay, that was an attempt at humor. Lighten up everyone! ;)

Jennie, I liked them. :)
    That's why I didn't give him ANOTHER red square. Constructive criticism is better than" it's no good", her poem was not a cantelope. I haven't posted any poetry also. The negative feedback might make my work turn dark.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 04:09 PM
    And I liked them too Jennie.

I might have bad dreams tonight though.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    And I liked them too Jennie.

I might have bad dreams tonight though.
    That's what I liked about them. :D

Okay, maybe I have problems.

I don't do poetry, can't, especially if I have to make it rhyme, don't have the time, pass me the lime, something sublime, pick up the grime, I want to mime. See. :o

I write kids books, they're easier. :)
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 7, 2009, 04:43 PM

Whatever inspires you to pick up a pen/pencil

And write a poem regardless of how "perfect"

It turns out there is feeling behind it , and as

Long as you have that your poem counts

In my book
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 7, 2009, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the greenies
    Alty and Friend4U
    I'm Glad you liked it
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 04:38 PM

I didn't see this before. I put two of mine on this post

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...em-382327.html

I don't really call them poems though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyric poems [ 1 Answers ]

I need a lyric poem

I need the analysis of these poems, [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, How are you? I'm an English literature student , and this semester I have these poems 4 studying Can you help me :D I'm looking for the analysis of: Youth and age by Coleridge Youth and age by Byron Meeting at night by Browning Plzzzzzzz any explanition of them will be great

Your favourite poems? [ 26 Answers ]

Excerpts from some favourites- "I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." The road not taken by Robert Frost

I have these poems. [ 5 Answers ]

And I don't think they're very good. Could people please read them and tell me if they are good? I appreciate any constructive criticism but if your one of those people who just like to insult other peoples work and be mean then don't even bother to read my poem or anser and tell me if it is good...

View more questions Search