Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fhaey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Delete Microsoft works word personal template
    PLEASE HELP!! I need to delete a Microsoft works word personal template because I cannot open a new blank sheet but I don't know what to do. Please help:(
    geoff2pogz_143 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 09:26 PM

To delete Microsoft work is you need to highlight all you work and press delete to your keybaord.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 02:04 AM

Do you know where Works is storing templates on your computer? You might be able to ferret them out on your hard drive and delete them from there. Then when you go into Works again, it should allow you to remove the now-broken references to templates you have deleted.

Try looking around:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Name/computer name>\Application Data\Template

Start there and look around...
    Tomtn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 11:15 AM
    Deleting what is in a Template not a problem.
    It is Deleteing a Personal Template you created. The main file and name from the Personal Template list.
    maw17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 08:01 AM
    This is for works 07. Maybe it will work in other versions. Open your personal template. Click to close out of it. When the window to "save changes" (or not) opens up, click on "save". Another window will open asking you to name the template (ignore it) and to choose a "file type". Click on the arrow that drops down all the file types you can choose from and click on "templates". The file with all your templates will open up and you can then delete them by right-clicking on the ones you want to delete. They will still appear next time you open up your templates, but they can then be deleted by clicking on them. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Altering template size in Word [ 1 Answers ]

How do I alter a template size in Word? I want to reduce the page size while reducing the graphics proportionately. Every time I change the size, it crops my page. Please help. Thanks.

MS Word (2002) Template [ 8 Answers ]

I use a Template (.dot file) for apartment leases where I just fill in the blanks (sample file attached if needed). I have to click on each blank space before typing in it. I'd love to tab to them instead. Is this possible in Word? Thanks!

Microsoft Word Template Underlines [ 1 Answers ]

Word 2003. Creating a template. I want to lock in the underlines so that one can type info on top of the underlines without deleting the underlines or moving the line. How do I do it? Example: The template might have the following lines: Name: _____________________________ Date: ...

View more questions Search