Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joyce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2004, 02:17 PM
    DSL in the boonies
    Any idea on how long it will before we will be able to get DSL by plugging into a light plug? (this is going to happen!)
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Nov 2, 2004, 12:53 PM
    I don't know but I also would not doubt it either.
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2004, 03:43 PM
    Totally Do-able
    (slaketh this in old english) If I remember correctaly, elecricity travels on copper wire, just like voice data, the only problem that the electric Co. faces are interfearance, and that's been seen to by other very wise and learned engineers from far away lands.

They have found the ability to separate the voice and data signal and given them digital capablititys, thus, one just needs a filter, this separates the data from the noise. And there in a nut shell is the answer to your question prowd question person, now no forth and be merry never to be plaged by such a query again.

MagikPoo, in ol england "Guvna!!"
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2004, 05:14 PM
    Go to www.forbes.com and do a search. I think I read that the technology is there. It is a matter of regulations and will. I am lucky not to be far enough into the boonies that I don't have cable. With cable internet and VOIP, I am paying less for broad band, unlimited long distance, and full featured local telephone service than I was for dial up I couldn't access half the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search