Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:18 PM

It might not be the reason you're asking the question, but it's a red flag none the less
    foreverpeace Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2009, 04:23 PM

So I should just completely stop talking to him?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:23 PM

Sorry.. where I come from Junior High is 6th - 8th grade. That would have meant you were 13 - 14. Of course, where I come from there is no consent at 16 either.

Ok, regardless of that, take it from me. Heroine is a very serious drug. He may not even realize what he is getting himself into.

You cannot save him. And you cannot afford to keep him in your life because this will bring nothing but bad for you and anyone else that is in his life.

Another point... all he talks about is sex? What about you and your interests? Does he care about them at all?

I think you know the answer here.

Jul 8, 2009, 04:25 PM

Yes I apologize, I forgot the word in. But yeah I know what I SHOULD do. But I don't want to at all. Im just trying to find every way around leaving him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverpeace View Post
    Im just trying to find every way around leaving him.
    Why? All he's going to do is bring you down with him. Your life will be a wreck. Have your parents lock up all of their expensive items in your home otherwise they will be gone before you know it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:29 PM

This guy is BAD news. Not the kind of guy a 16-year-old should be associating with. I'm sorry to say that, but it's the truth. No good can come of this. I have a cousin who has gotten into drugs like that. He's now over 30 and because he has made such poor choices, the only job he is able to hold is pizza delivery. No offense to pizza delivery people. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:29 PM

Man this thread is moving fast...

I was in a similar situation VERY recently... similar in the way that I was in a relationship... I KNEW what the right answer was but I didn't want to believe it.

I ended it. It was hard... it still is hard. But, nonetheless, it was the right thing to do.

Jul 8, 2009, 04:30 PM

But he's never brought me into his drug life. He told me about it once just to let me know but he hasn't brought it up since. Im just worried.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    I ended it. It was hard... it still is hard. But, nonetheless, it was the right thing to do.
    Often times, the right decisions are the hardest ones to make.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverpeace View Post
    But he's never brought me into his drug life. He told me about it once just to let me know but he hasn't brought it up since. Im just worried.
    He hasn't yet, but the time will come where he will slip up, or the addiction get too strong.

You have your whole life ahead of you, don't ruin it now.
    bethanydaly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 04:37 PM

You don't need him... Honestly. He's a bad influence on you... ( taking drugs)... if he's taking them your more likely too as well. And if he seems to go on about sex all the time.. that's probably all her wants...

Don't fall for iit.. You can do so much better..

Good Look :) x
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:40 PM

I equate drug users(especially heroin and the harder ones) as cancers, because they start with just themselves, then slowly they spread beyond control and you're left wondering "If I had caught this earlier" but by then it's too late.

Btw, if your parents don't approve, then yes, it is rape.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    the post wants to get off the subject of age and grades,cant you people help her without calling her a liar..
    You really have to take all things into consideration when trying to give someone advice. It's typically called "reading between the lines" and therein usually lies the answer.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:44 PM

Where did it go?
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing DrJ

Jul 8, 2009, 04:49 PM

But you guys should understand, if you really like someone. You can't help it ha. Its like no matter what gets in the way.. I'm still going to like him. And no I made it seem like all he talks about is sex. Nah its not just about that.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 04:50 PM
    You keep evading the drugs issue. Aren't you concerned about that.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 8, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    You really have to take all things into consideration when trying to give someone advice. It's typically called "reading between the lines" and therein usually lies the answer.
    read between the lines or interogating
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 05:20 PM

No, zippit you are incorrect. Being as Drj and myself have read countless posts(evident by our post count) we have seen information that gets hidden between sentences, there are several issues here that raise red flags.

1. Drug user
    2. She's 16, he's 19
    3. Seems like she won't tell her parents about him
    4. He talks heavily(she retracted her statement about all the time) about sex

That's four huge red flags she needs to be aware of and she is ignoring.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 8, 2009, 07:36 PM

Okay. You said he does "all of these crazy drugs" but "still has a good head on his shoulders."

Okay. Okay. Hold on while I try to figure how exactly you think someone can have a good head on their shoulders when it's rotting away from drugs.

RUN AWAY. If you don't run away, he'll get you sucked into his bad habit, and then you'll have a "good" rotting head on your shoulders, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need som drugs [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a nasal voice for 4 years.I don't get colds very often.I feel something in there but nothing comes out.its blocked in both nostrils.I'm 18.help!

He does drugs and I'm against that. [ 17 Answers ]

I don't judge people. But I have my friends who act and think most like me... we don't do drugs... we don't get drunk at parties and rarely are we even in a position to have to say no to that stuff because were just not around it... Like I said, I don't judge people.. buts its not like I go up...

On drugs 24/7! [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: My boyfriend of 5 years has had a serious drug problem on and off for the last 3 years. He is advancing from one drug to another and I don't think it could get much worse. Surprisingly he has kept his job but we are growing further & further apart. He is 27 years old. Every...

Can I take these certain drugs? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if it's OK to take tylenol, motrin, etc while being pregnant for a headache? Thanks in advance! :)

Drugs [ 68 Answers ]

I have just read where Mexico votes to legalize small amounts of cocaine, heroin and marijuana. What are the implications where American citizens cross the boarder and use what is there legal drugs but would then have traces of the drug in their system for drug tests in the US. Since they did...

View more questions Search