Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethanydaly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 03:04 PM
    I love the way anorexics look. Is they something wrong with me?
    I don't know why but I'm really lOve the way anorexics look.!
    Im obsessed with going on pro ana sites and looking at the pictures as I feel its how I want to look. I know its wrong and unhealthy but I can't help it.Im not anorexic but I sometimes wish I was. I often go through a starvation diet but fail! And end up binge-ing. Im a healthy weight at 7 and a half stone. And all my friends would love to be my weight but I still want to be thinner. I really love the way anorexics and bones look!. is they something wrong with me?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 03:13 PM

The problem with anorexia is it is an 'illness' that can kill you. I would love to be a size 5 myself but when it comes to not being able to eat because you are anorexic its better having some weight than being sickly. If you can maintain your health and all then any weight is okay but being that thin you lose control of your health
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 03:21 PM

I can totally relate. I've been scary skinny, anorexic and bulimic. Starving yourself and then bingeing is not a habit you want to get into though.

What about body building? If you like the look of low body fat, that is healthier, so is long distance running. Love your body, treat it well accepting that those who look anorexic are probably struggling with an eating disorder. You don't want to have to get treatment for that. Don't go there!

Jul 8, 2009, 04:48 PM

Ino it can kill you but I still can't stop thinking about it. I think of starving myself evryday.. but never sucseed. Every ones says my weight is perfect but I don't. I say: thin you win. I love to be really really thin like models.

Is it only me who think annorexic looks good?
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 05:20 PM

Thin is in but fat is where its at.
    At least that is the newer saying.

You don't want to starve yourself. You need a good eating plan that would help you get the weight you want but at the same time be really healthy for you. Like a healthy diet that would boost your metabolism and provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals you need.
    Also the problem is that no matter how skinny an anorexic gets they still see themselves as fat. So you would have to make your goals realistic and not go by what skinny looks like to you in the mirror. Like set a goal like you want to be a size 6, 120 lbs. Don't go below no matter how fat you think you look.

I was borderline anorexic a couple times. I got to the point that I couldn't even eat half a sandwich without feeling stuffed. I wasn't trying to get down to a size 1 but I did. It took a lot of vitamins to get my appetite back and not being too skinny.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:20 PM

Anorexics look awesome! But it's kind-of like doing drugs, first it gives, then it takes. It isn't worth it, ever. Trust me, been there, done that.

Imagine yourself as an old woman, you will be one one day. Yeah, you will get old. What can you do now to make your body as healthy as possible? Starving yourself ain't it! Building bone and muscle mass is great. Feeding your brain information as well as nutrients is good too.

Kicking habits is a drag! Recovering from being too thin is hard on you. Getting that thin is hard on you. Why do it the hard way? Eat and learn about nutrition. Exercize and learn about muscle and bone building.

Photos of thin people are good! Learn about being on the other side of the camera. What makes a good picture? Then you'll be that girl with an awesome body taking pictures of models, getting paid to look at them.

Jul 9, 2009, 04:29 PM

Losing wight healthy is so much harder for me! Easier said then done... If I starve myself I lose 3 and a half pounds in 3 days. Where as if I do it healther way I lose no weight. I feel so guilty when I eat.. and feel the urge to be sick. I want to be size zero so much!. I fink it look great!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanydaly View Post
    Losing wight healthy is so much harder for me! Easier said then done... If i starve myself i lose 3 and a half pounds in 3 days. where as if i do it healther way i lose no weight. i feel so guilty when i eat.. and feel the urge to be sick. i jus want to be size zero so much !! .. i fink it look great!
    This is dangerous.

You really need to get help before this problem gets out of hand.

Dead people are really really thin. That's what anorexia will get you.

Jul 9, 2009, 05:05 PM

Why do I need help? :S I'm not annorexic.. I'm healthy. I just wnna lose weight and I think being really thin looks good. I find it easier this way.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 05:17 PM

Hon, you need to talk to someone about this and get help, because you are on a dangerous and slippery slope. You are attracted to the way that it looks, and it wouldn't take much for you to push the limits and go for it yourself.

You say 'im not annorexic, I'm healthy' STAY healthy. There is nothing wrong with being a 'healthy' size. People put way too much into the boney look, and its just NOT good for you. So please, talk to someone about how your feeling. It sounds like you may not like the way you look and you could use some help with that.

*hugs* good luck hon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 06:51 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee disagrees: I don't think anorexics look "awesome" nor do I find sharing that info with an anorexic to be helpful. Anorexics look old and tired long before their time.[/QUOTE]

I have been asked to clarify this statement - I realize this is not a message board and this could very well be "pulled."

I lived in NY; I had several roommates; no one could be too rich, too popular or... too thin.

One of my roommates died of complications of anorexia. We tried intervention, her family dragged her back home, she came back, she "recovered" two steps and backslid three. She grew excessive hair all over her body in an attempt to stay warm. She was weak and sick and frail and developed digestive problems, terrible digestive problems.

She died 10 years ago last January.

There was nothing "awesome" about it and, quite frankly, there was no way in which she looked "awesome."

This is a disease. Again, there is nothing "awesome" about the eventual look. I believe the OP is young and should be made aware of the very serious complications of anorexia, whether she is dabbling in it or IS anorexic.

Again - if inappropriate for this board I will move to the discussion boards.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 07:25 AM

You want to be that way?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_10yYjoTIYE...rd+dot+com.jpg

You can also check that site, most people are shocked when they see this;

Medusa: ANOREXIC, BULIMIC, PRO ANA / MIA? SOME TIPS, IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE THIS...

Jul 13, 2009, 05:03 PM

Your Right I wouldn't want to be thin as that.. that's way over the top.! But I still want to be wayy Thinner

Thanks for every one who has replied :)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanydaly View Post
    Why do i need help? :S im not annorexic .. im healthy. I just wnna lose weight and i think being really thin looks good. i jus find it easier this way.
    Yeah, you actually are anorexic. Anorexia is an obsession with body image. It is not necessarily starving yourself. But I venture to guess that it is only a matter of time before you cross that line.

Please seek the help of a trained professional soon!
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 05:45 AM
    I don't know why Terry schivos pic is there was she anorexic?

There is a difference between wanting a size 5 waist and wanting to be so skinny that your ribs and veins stick out. You have to becareful you are going down to the weight you want and be in control of that with healthy choices rather than obsessively wanting to get skinnier and skinner. Make a realistic goal for yourself like I want to be size 7 and 125 lbs and do not go below your goal. If you continue to feel you need to lose more weight once you reach that point you need to get some serious help.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    Anorexics look awesome! But it's kind-of like doing drugs, first it gives, then it takes. It isn't worth it, ever. Trust me, been there, done that.

Imagine yourself as an old woman, you will be one one day. Yeah, you will get old. What can you do now to make your body as healthy as possible? Starving yourself ain't it! Building bone and muscle mass is great. Feeding your brain information as well as nutrients is good too.

Kicking habits is a drag! Recovering from being too thin is hard on you. Getting that thin is hard on you. Why do it the hard way? Eat and learn about nutrition. Exercize and learn about muscle and bone building.

Photos of thin people are good! Learn about being on the other side of the camera. What makes a good picture? Then you'll be that girl with an awesome body taking pictures of models, getting paid to look at them.
    This is confusing to me. You are contradicting yourself, saying they look awesome but don't be one. Be one who takes pictures of them. That's like saying don't be an addict, be a Pharmacist , so you can SEE addicts.

Anorexics MAY seem attractive to some, but not me. They look like they are malnurished, starving, and from some under priviledged , third world country. Bottom line is it is a disease and should be treated as such, and not glamorized. People die every day because they think that they are fat. Karen Carpenter had this disease and it killed her. Beware.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:21 AM

I like skinny but to the point of your ribs and veins sticking out NO WAY.
    Thing is that if you get that skinny and can maintain healthy then fine but once you get to like 90 lbs and a size 0 and STILL think your are fat or you can't control your losing more weight it is dangerous.

Ribs and veins absolutely nothing appealing to that!

****I just read lovelyli;rejects other post.
    100 lbs and you want to lose weight ===N0 WAY ----you need to get help.

Jul 19, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    Yeah, you actually are anorexic. Please seek the help of a trained professional soon!
    I totally Disagree with you stevetcg , I'm not annorexic, I would know if I was.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:58 PM
    You "love" the way anorexics look? Yuck! It's so ironic that anorexics get to be that way because they feel they have to look like Barbie but end up looking gross and disgusting. I'd take a "pleasantly plump" look over a skinny, emaciated Barbie wannabe any day of the week and twice on Sunday! And I hope that your "healthy 7 1/2 stone" is in line with your height. If my arithmetic is correct 7 1/2 stone = 105 pounds. Not bad if you're not much over 5 feet tall. But if you're 5'5" or taller, you're coming dangerously close to putting yourself in medical jeopardy.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    The problem with anorexia is it is an 'illness' that can kill you. I would love to be a size 5 myself but when it comes to not being able to eat because you are anorexic its better having some weight than being sickly. If you can maintain your health and all then any weight is okay but being that thin you lose control of your health
    Agreed. All things considered, being a little overweight is a lesser evil than being deathly thin with anorexia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starved children get bloated stomach but anorexics don't? [ 11 Answers ]

Not so sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes. Have you noticed how the starved children in Africa always have a huge bloated stomach? I heard this was caused by accumulated liquids and gas from malnutrition, lack of protein to be exact. So how come anorexics, who also suffer...

Is it wrong for me to be still in love with someone I hurt? [ 5 Answers ]

I met her over the internet and moved out to her and I kind of didn't tell her everything about me so when I got there she found out how I was. She was hurt that she became heartbroken. But yet I am still in love with her.

Is it wrong to be with someone but care/love someone else? [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and he makes me so happy. On the other hand there is this guy that I used to date that I think I might still love. Is it wrong to think about him in a way like that? I don't want this to mean I'm treating my boyfriend wrong.

Motherly Love or Oh-So-WRONG! [ 7 Answers ]

I've just read this on the BBC News website; BBC NEWS | Health | Girl could give birth to sibling (Summary: Woman has frozen her eggs so that her infertile daughter (who is 7 at the mo) can have kids at a later date!) And it's PROPER messing with my head! Surely this can't be ethically...

View more questions Search