Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    I can totally relate. I've been scary skinny, anorexic and bulimic. Starving yourself and then binging is not a habit you want to get into though.

What about body building? If you like the look of low body fat, that is healthier, so is long distance running. Love your body, treat it well accepting that those who look anorexic are probably struggling with an eating disorder. You don't want to have to get treatment for that. Don't go there!
    These are good suggestions. Consider them.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    Yeah, you actually are anorexic. Anorexia is an obsession with body image. It is not necessarily starving yourself. But I venture to guess that it is only a matter of time before you cross that line.

Please seek the help of a trained professional soon!
    I think we should be a little more careful "diagnosing" others over the INTERNET. Millions of people are obsessed with their body's image, and it's not always anorexia. Small breasts, large nose, receding hairline, crooked teeth, many reasons. Maybe this young lady is a little too interested in thin bodies, but to call her anorexic is crossing the line. How do know what she looks like? I haven't seen a picture of her here. And read this:

Anorexia nervosa is a psychiatric illness that describes an eating disorder characterized by extremely low body weight and body image distortion with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Individuals with anorexia nervosa are known to control body weight commonly through the means of voluntary starvation, excessive exercise, or other weight control measures such as diet pills or diuretic drugs. While the condition primarily affects adolescent females approximately 10% of people with the diagnosis are male. [1] Anorexia nervosa, involving neurobiological, psychological, and sociological components[2], is a complex condition that can lead to death in the most severe cases.

The term anorexia is of Greek origin: a (α, prefix of negation), n (ν, link between two vowels) and orexis (ορεξις, appetite), thus meaning a lack of desire to eat.[3]

"Anorexia nervosa" is frequently shortened to "anorexia" in the popular media. This is technically incorrect, as the term "anorexia" used separately refers to the medical symptom of reduced appetite (which therefore is distinguishable from anorexia nervosa in being non-psychiatric).
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanydaly View Post
    I totally Disagree with you stevetcg , im not annorexic ,, i would know if i was.
    No, you probably wouldn't. A trained professional would know. Which is why I suggested seeing one.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I think we should be a little more careful "diagnosing" others over the INTERNET. Millions of people are obsessed with their body's image, and it's not always anorexia. Small breasts, large nose, receding hairline, crooked teeth, many reasons. Maybe this young lady is a little too interested in thin bodies, but to call her anorexic is crossing the line. How do know what she looks like? I haven't seen a picture of her here. And read this:

Anorexia nervosa is a psychiatric illness that describes an eating disorder characterized by extremely low body weight and body image distortion with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Individuals with anorexia nervosa are known to control body weight commonly through the means of voluntary starvation, excessive exercise, or other weight control measures such as diet pills or diuretic drugs. While the condition primarily affects adolescent females approximately 10% of people with the diagnosis are male. [1] Anorexia nervosa, involving neurobiological, psychological, and sociological components[2], is a complex condition that can lead to death in the most severe cases.

The term anorexia is of Greek origin: a (α, prefix of negation), n (ν, link between two vowels) and orexis (ορεξις, appetite), thus meaning a lack of desire to eat.[3]

"Anorexia nervosa" is frequently shortened to "anorexia" in the popular media. This is technically incorrect, as the term "anorexia" used separately refers to the medical symptom of reduced appetite (which therefore is distinguishable from anorexia nervosa in being non-psychiatric).
    Fair enough... its probably not actually anorexia, but some form of body dysmorphic disorder. The result is the same though... seeking professional help.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    Fair enough... its probably not actually anorexia, but some form of body dysmorphic disorder. The end result is the same though... seeking professional help.
    THIS I agree with.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 05:07 PM

You will definitely know if you are anorexic when you get down to skinny and you still want to get skinny. Then it may be too late.
    Like I said set a goal a realistic goal for yourself and when you get to it if you still aren't happy and continue to want to lose then you most probably ARE anorexic.
    If you have your bottom realistic goal now then when you want to loose more you stop and tell yourself you DO need help. But like I said it may be too late by then because anorexics get to the point that even eating as much as half a sandwich a day or a salad a day makes them gag and it is hard to get your appetite and ability to eat back.
    When I got borderline anorexic twice in my life I had to take mega doses of various vitamins to even just be able to keep mashed potatoes down.
    bethanydaly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 05:19 AM

Im Setting a Goal To Drop to 6 and a half Stone..

Thanks For evryone who has replied =)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bethanydaly View Post
    Im Setting a Goal To Drop to 6 and a half Stone..

Thanks For evryone who has replied =)

This is meaningless without knowing your height and bone structure.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 06:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by bethanydaly
    but i can't help it.Im not anorexic but i sometimes wish i was.
    Anorexics are hideous. True, they have that exotic look but good Lord are they repulsive. Nothing about them says "woman".

Malnutrition damages tissue, and is most visible in hair follicles. It becomes dry and thin, and splits easily. Running fingers through thick, robust hair is every man's dream.

If it's ugliness your shooting for, you're on the right path.

It's your body, it's your call, you're going to do it whether we tell you not to or otherwise, I'm just giving you something to think about.
    bethanydaly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This is meaningless without knowing your height and bone structure.
    I know were your coming from but I'm only going to lose 1 more stone.. that's not muchh. I will stop when I get to 6 and a half stone.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:10 PM

If you are a teen and under 100 lbs that is one thing but as an adult it is never a good idea to go below 110 lbs at the VERY least.
    juicylucy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 02:21 AM

If you post something saying this, you know its bad.
    With every response you've given, you don't appriciate that the people on here are trying to help you. Your posting about how you want to be skinny and how anorexics look good? Have you learned ANYTHING about those illnesss?

If you want to lose weight, do it the right way. Eat a good breakfast, avoid unhealthy carbs and fats, and excersize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starved children get bloated stomach but anorexics don't? [ 11 Answers ]

Not so sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes. Have you noticed how the starved children in Africa always have a huge bloated stomach? I heard this was caused by accumulated liquids and gas from malnutrition, lack of protein to be exact. So how come anorexics, who also suffer...

Is it wrong for me to be still in love with someone I hurt? [ 5 Answers ]

I met her over the internet and moved out to her and I kind of didn't tell her everything about me so when I got there she found out how I was. She was hurt that she became heartbroken. But yet I am still in love with her.

Is it wrong to be with someone but care/love someone else? [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and he makes me so happy. On the other hand there is this guy that I used to date that I think I might still love. Is it wrong to think about him in a way like that? I don't want this to mean I'm treating my boyfriend wrong.

Motherly Love or Oh-So-WRONG! [ 7 Answers ]

I've just read this on the BBC News website; BBC NEWS | Health | Girl could give birth to sibling (Summary: Woman has frozen her eggs so that her infertile daughter (who is 7 at the mo) can have kids at a later date!) And it's PROPER messing with my head! Surely this can't be ethically...

View more questions Search