Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ipwnedjoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 02:12 PM
    A odd little internet problme
    I have a wireless my essentals g adapter and it has some "issues". When you first plug it up, it has some troble connecting with a netgear whitebox {which I use} and so I run down stairs to restart the router. Not that big of a problme. Then when I start up a online game, the internet cts out every now and then on the adapter. Any help would be cool.:cool:
    AKeagle Posts: 242, Reputation: 3

Jul 8, 2009, 02:27 PM

Have you tried resetting you wireless router?

Jul 8, 2009, 04:21 PM

Yeah, I do that when I use the drive because it doesn't get the ip address when I first plug it up into my computer

Jul 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ipwnedjoo View Post
    yeah, i do that when i use the drive because it doesn't get the ip adress when i first plug it up into my computer
    Restarting the device is not reseting it. There should be a button on the back, use a pen to push it, hold for 20 sec. Then plug into it and reconfigure it

Jul 8, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKeagle View Post
    Restarting the device is not reseting it. There should be a button on the back, use a pen to push it, hold for 20 sec. Then plug into it and reconfigure it
    I do that, and if it doesn't work, then I unplug it. Typically that settles it, but the problem still persists

Jul 8, 2009, 06:21 PM

Have you reset it, then gone into it and reconfigured it right away

Reset it by the button, then plus in, and type 192.168.1.1 in the url of the web browser. Depending on what router you have type in the username and pass. And config for wap security.

Before you plug the cat 5/6 back into the router from the modem, unplug it for 2 minutes about

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Remote Operation a problme with power surges? [ 2 Answers ]

I would be interested in community experience with the fan remote circuity being sensitive to power surges - leading to frequent repair expense. My home electrician recommeneded against the remotes for this reason. I don't really need one, buth the fan I like has the remote curcitry installed.

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Problme swallowing pills [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem! When I was pregnant I was able to take chewable prenatal vitamins. They were big, but they didn't taste too bad. Can't remember what they were called but your OB or a pharmacist should be able to help you find them. Good luck!

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search