Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spicee06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Hydrocodone in your system
    I took a 7.5 and a 10mg of hydrocodone yesterday and took a urine test today at 2:50pm. Will the drugs show up in my system? Please help me with an answer, thank you in advance.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 01:51 PM

If they test for it, you can pretty much guarantee it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Yup, it'll show up.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 02:30 PM

It will show up if they are looking for it. But it is also a prescription drug. Was it prescribed to you? Whether it was or not, what is the purpose of the test?
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jul 9, 2009, 12:01 AM

Good point, Dr Jizzle. A lot of drug tests don't test for legal drugs. Plus if you have a valid prescription for it within the past year, you're cool anyway, nothing they can do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:40 AM

Is this an employment test, pre-employment test, part of probation?

It matters - I've seen people on probation who cannot take PRESCRIBED medication without written permission from the Court.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 09:35 AM

Yeah, that's right. With probation or rehab, just having a prescription isn't enough. You have to have yourself cleared by the court or the rehab facility.

Even with some employment screenings, prescription drugs have to be disclosed.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 09:39 AM

Yes ,it will show up and I question why anyone would take something and worry about the consequences after the fact.
    Seems to me you should have asked this question before you took the pills.

Jul 15, 2009, 02:06 AM

artlady, I think a lot of people take pills whenever they can get their ands on them. Some people "doctor shop", or go to th ER once in a while... so they actually can have a llegal script, but most people DON'T know that a scritp is valid for a year. So if they go and buy some off the street yet had got a script a month ago frpm an MD, they have nothing to worry about as far as MOST drug tests go.

Good point though, you've got to be a real addict (or doofus! ) to risk jail or not getting a job just to pop a couple pills!

Except in cases where others pointed out
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeby View Post
    artlady, I think a lot of people take pills whenever they can get their ands on them. Some people "doctor shop", or go to th ER once in a while.....so they actually can have a llegal script, but most people DON'T know that a scritp is valid for a year. So if they go and buy some off the street yet had jst got a script a month ago frpm an MD, they have nothing to worry about as far as MOST drug tests go.

Good point though, you've gotta be a real addict (or doofus!!) to risk jail or not getting a job just to pop a couple pills!!

Except in cases where others pointed out

A prescription isn't necessarily "valid" for a year. A "script" is valid for a number of refills, not a time.

And you are incorrect about drug tests and prescription medications - probation very often states NO drugs, prescribed or purchased on the street.

If you use the AMHD search feature you will this information on the legal boards.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:12 AM

Not to mention, two different dosage pills is not something a doctor would prescribe. The OP was either mixing prescriptions or was recreational using.

The other point is that if you have a valid medical reason for taking a medication, you usually don't worry about passing a drug test.

Jul 15, 2009, 12:45 PM

The other point is that if you have a valid medical reason for taking a medication, you usually don't worry about passing a drug test.
    Right! BUT, as I said beforwe a prescription is considered valid for 1 year... so maybe some people do get legit scripts within a year yet buy drugs off the street, but don't realize that they are OK as long as they get proof from the pharmacy that they in fact HAD the prescription.

Yes, I know this to be true, in fact I just last Monday had to get a report of my prescriptions and they go back a full year. I even called the pharmacy to confirm this.

On the other hend, a written,faxed, or phoned script is omly available for pick-up for 6 months. After that, you can no longer get the script.

That should clear things up.

Not to mention, two different dosage pills is not something a doctor would prescribe
    It depends on the drug and the individual. Not so common, but not false at all.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Comments on this post
    DrJizzle agrees: The first time likely resulting in a malpractice suit...

- against both the Physician AND the Pharmacist, possibly.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeby View Post
    Right!! BUT, as I said beforwe a prescription is considered valid for 1 year......so maybe some people do get legit scripts within a year yet buy drugs off the street, but don't realize that they are OK as long as they get proof from the pharmacy that they in fact HAD the prescription.
    To clear this up... Not all scripts are valid for a year. Some are only valid for as little as 3 months. A paper script is NOT valid for a year, refills sometimes, but not always.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long to get hydrocodone out of your system [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it take to get hydrocodone out of your system, what is the fastest way?

How long does hydrocodone last in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone last in your system?

Hydrocodone in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long will Hydrocodone stay in your system after you stop taking it?

Hydrocodone in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out. I have been experiencing depression and I took some hydrocodone for a migraine I had Saturday night. I want to see a physician about the depression but I don't want to look like an addict or something on a blood test.

View more questions Search