Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grace-77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Hepatitis C

Hello I am new to this site hello to all and I hope you are well. I was diagnosed as having had chronic liver failure in November 2008 and was released a week later with no further treatment, I talked with a nurse yesterday and she stated that I have Hepatitis C and that it is contagious and also that there is no cure for Hep C what actions should I take now to make sure I am OK or should I report the doctors that have misinformed me? Because when I was released from the hospital they told me that I was just fine just not to take certain Meds. Or drink any alcohol. Now here I am months later having the same symptoms (jaundice, nausea, etc... )
    Help
    Misinformed
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 10:07 AM

Hi grace-77! Welcome to AMHD! :)

Actually, this is a very tough disease. Avoid alcohol, smoking and other things that could overdo your liver. As you probably already know, hepatitis is linked to the liver, where many processes in your body takes place.

If you really want to know more of it, you can go to wikipedia, or other websites.

Hepatitis C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I need to know about Hepatitis C
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 02:55 AM

Hi, grace-77!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

I do note, that you already received one response while your questions was in Introductions.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 04:52 AM

You can try detoxing your liver with herbal supplements, lipoic acid (an amino acid), vitamin C, probiotics and digestive enzymes.
    Balance your PH

Avoid greasy and fried foods, artificial sweeteners,.

Here is a good site
    A Basic Diet for Hepatitis - Hepatitis Central

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Brother and Hepatitis C? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother just informed me today that he was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. He is a recovering alcoholic and was just released from rehab about two months ago. I am fully aware of what Hepatitis C (HCV) is and what it effects ; however I was doing some research on how you get HCV, and came across...

Hepatitis c [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what are the causes of hepatitis c. is it infectious and if it is, how does One catch the disease. Is there any newly inovative solutions for cure? Also, is it inheirited? Thanks

Hepatitis B [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died of liver cancer as a result of hepatitis B. My sister and I were also diagnosed with hepatitis B however mine is chronic and hers is not. What is chronic hepatitis B and what are chances that I will get liver cancer.

Hepatitis C [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Heppatitis C And Had Some Blood Work Done To See If It Is Active Or Not. I Was Reading About Some Natural Products To Take That Is Suppose To Be The World's #1 Seller. It Is Called Liv-52 (liver Support Formula). Do You Recommend Taking This? I Haven't Talked To My Doctor Yet Because The...

Hepatitis c [ 2 Answers ]

Current treatments for Hepatitis C? Vitamins or natural products that can help?

View more questions Search