Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seaya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 09:12 AM
    What does it mean to have "issues".
    What does it mean to have issues? People tell me I have issues, but I don't understand them. Dumb question I know, but years of counseling does not answer this question. I am not stupid, as I have a Masters Degree. I internalize and understand things more if they are written. I am a visual learner. The spoken word doesn't mean as much to me as the written word. Sounds weird. Friends say that I don't take advice, and have made huge mistakes in the past. I write and type volumes. My friends say that I know something about everything, and an ex-wife called me an encyclopedia of information, trivia or serious issues. They are impressed by my intelligence and knowledge. I have had issues all my life with Attention Deficit. I recently found a letter my mother wrote to a friend when I was 3 years old and she was telling someone that I was a real handful. I found all of my report cards from grade 1-12. They have ongoing comments about applying myself, lack of attention, and not finishing classwork. Yes, ADD does follow you into adulthood. Please help.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaya View Post
    What does it mean to have issues?
    Friends say that I don't take advice, and have made huge mistakes in the past.
    I have had issues all my life with Attention Deficit.
    Basically, it means that they think that you could be doing some things that you're not doing. It sounds like you really do understand what they are saying, you apparently don't want to do what they are suggesting.

I have a number of adult friends with ADD. They do have problems, but they also figure out ways to compensate for these problems so they don't become life-long "stumbling blocks".
    tvamelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Hello, I know what you mean. I have ADD too. Sometimes when people talk, all I hear is noise. You can check out my blog: chocolateandwillpower.blogspot.com

Amelia
    marflo2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 05:55 PM
    IT is really a travesty when you are thrown out of your original family., not
    Because you are a bad person, not because you have done harm to others, either verbally or financially, but just BECAUSE.. you have ISSUES that you have
    Had all your life with Attention Deficit, with poor spatial perception, with
    An inability to understand what is said to you because of some type of cognitive
    Problem... and have not the "understanding" to understand.

I have been accused of "driving my brother crazy since I was born.." He is two and a half years my senior. He has not wanted any relationship with me since he
    And I were in our late twenties and has even denied to a friend of his that I even
    Exist... met this friend at a party for my niece years and years ago, and was told,
    I didn't know D had another sister. (there are three of us two girls, one boy)

My younger sister has excommunicated me most decidedly since the passing
    Away of our parents during the past nine years.. however, never treated me
    Like a person, but as an ant to be stepped on,. I have moved away from them
    As the pain became impossible for me.

Comments?
    I still make the effort to call once in a while, only to be told that they are
    Leaving, sitting down to dinner, (they never call me back) My therapist
    Has advised me to forget about it... they do not want nor need me in their
    Lives... Needless to say, I feel devastated... They are all very successful in their personal and professional lives... I suffer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Vatican issues "10 Commandments of Driving" [ 12 Answers ]

Yesterday the Holy See issued "Guidelines for the Pastoral Care of the Road" Story. It seems they don't have the full text on the Vatican site yet, but I bet it's a good read.

View more questions Search