Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Camping Ideas
    I'm taking my family camping this week. We go several times a year,and everyone loves it. I'm trying to get some ideas for some cool things to do with our boys (4&7), like different meals to cook, and activities to do. We go hiking, swimming, and the usual, but does anyone have any unique ideas? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:11 AM

One thing that is really popular with kids (and adults) when camp cooking is to do choc/mallow/bananas.

If you have a campfire get some foil and place a banana on it.
    Put a slice down the middle of the banana and pull it apart a little.
    In the slit put some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
    Wrap it in the foil and put in in the coals of the fire.

About 5 minutes later come back and enjoy!

If you go camping where there are lots of trees you could do an activity to see who can build the best 'house' out of whatever you can find around you.

We did this one time and my house looked like a few sticks propped up against a tree haha
    Kind of like in survivor, you can make it into a competition or all work together to build a little hut.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:15 AM

A simple recipe would be tacos but use a bag of Dorito chips instead of the taco shells

Then there are somores and banana boats.

Graham crackers
    Toasted marshmallows
    And chocolate

Banana slit down the center with chocolate and marshmallows. Wrap in aluminum foil and heat.

Also french toast or pancakes with powdered blueberry syrup is really yummy,
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:28 AM

bring a few of these, bread, some cheese and some spray butter.

Square Sandwich Cooker - Item - Camping World

you can even use pie filling in place of the cheese. Delicious. =)
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:28 AM

Haha, I thought my idea was original N0Help4u :D
    They are sooo yummy.

Argh, now I want french toast, I haven't had it since I was little!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:31 AM

Ouch NO french toast since you were little.
    I complain I had a deprived childhood but sounds like you have a deprived adulthood.
    NOW get some bread, eggs and plenty of butter and syrup and a skillet and get busy!
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:42 AM

Bread - check
    Butter - check
    Eggs - check
    Skillet - check

Partner to cook toast for me - darn it!
    I should go wake him up... I will set the kitchen on fire again :o
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Thank you all for the help. I'm sure we'll have a great time. My boys are 4 and 7, they love the great outdoors. My wife and I get more excited than they do. We love the state parks of Georgia, they're very well taken care of. We'd like to camp at all of them. I just get tired of cooking the same things. Oh well, got to pack!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A movie about a group of kids that go camping [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a movie that I believe came out in the early 90's. It was about I think 3 boys that go camping near a river. They are 3 close friends and I believe they stop by a cemetery to remember a friend that died of cancer. They also build a cable to ride across the river......

The camping trip is cancelled! Had to leave due to infestation! [ 1499 Answers ]

The camping trip had to be abandoned!! The lodge has been overrun with these creepy, yet disturbingly cute critters! They weren't doing any harm at first but Sarah kept bringing them inside And they sent Sneezy's allergies into overdrive! Where are we going to go now!?

Horror / Camping [ 3 Answers ]

There's this old movie, it starts with a bunch of kids going out on a camp trip with their advisor. At the end of the movie, you find out the advisor is the son of this crazy woods woman and the movies ends with her getting impailed by this huge log with spikes all over it. Any idea?

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question but I don't know how to get back to this to re read the answer so email it to me at do that for me OK my question is me and my baby's mother have a child she is now going to be 4 in April and the baby's mother took her from New York to kentuckey with out permission and would not...

Hot neutral reverse : small camping trailer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! It's my first time!! Sorry for my bad English, I am from Québec, Canada... I a new owner of a small camping trailer... only 7 years old, very good condition until this MOVE... In my tool box I found a plugin tester, the one with three lights... never use it before, why today, to be...

View more questions Search