Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimmyGGG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Present and Future value of annuties
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could please help me with these 3 finance questions. It would be must appreciated

1. you receive payments of 1000 dollars every 8 month for the next 9 years. The first payment will occur 8 months from today. There will be a total of 12 payments. What is the present value of this investment. The required rate of return is 10% compounded annually.

my answer was 19917 but I think its wrong

2. you are surprised to learn that your mom bought a new car today. She has to make 48 monthly payments of 800$, and the first payment is due today. If the interest rate is 7% compounded quarterly, what is the price of the car?

my answer was 38928.04 but I also think its wrong

3. your sister wants to purchase an investment that will pay her 500$ every 3 months for the next 10 yrs. The first payment will be made 3 months from today. If your sister requires a rate of return of 8% compounded monthly what should she expect to pay for the investment?

this question I have no idea.

thanks
    ksanders4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGGG
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could please help me with these 3 finance questions. it would be must appreciated

1. you receive payments of 1000 dollars every 8 month for the next 9 years. the first payment will occur 8 months from today. there will be a total of 12 payments. what is the present value of this investment. the required rate of return is 10% compounded annually.

my answer was 19917 but i think its wrong

2. you are surprised to learn that your mom bought a new car today. she has to make 48 monthly payments of 800$, and the first payment is due today. if the interest rate is 7% compounded quarterly, what is the price of the car?

my answer was 38928.04 but i also think its wrong

3. your sister wants to purchase an investment that will pay her 500$ every 3 months for the next 10 yrs. the first payment will be made 3 months from today. If your sister requires a rate of return of 8% compounded monthly what should she expect to pay for the investment?

this question i have no idea.

thanks
    Hi there.

For #1 did you try a financial calculator or any of the financial functions in Excel? You can try and enter the numbers where the calculator tells you and then you could come up with the answer. In Excel, you are solving for ordinary annuity if you are to receive it/pay it at the end of the year/period. You are solving for annuities due if you are receiving/paying at the beginning of a period.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Present Values [ 16 Answers ]

Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: 1. r = 8 percent. T = 10 years. 2. r = 8 percent. T = 20 years. 3. r = 4 percent. T = 10 years. 4. r = 4 percent. T = 20 years.

View more questions Search