Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phooey Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 12:28 AM
    sudden, extremely random, recurring restarts.
    hell therees. My computer lately has been restarting at random points of time. Getting kind of annoying and luckily haven't lost anything important yet.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 03:57 AM

It sounds like you may have a virus of sorts. Have you done a virus check on your computer lately? Whaty virus program do you use... if you have done a scan and its not saying there is a virus do you have a system reset option.. my laptop has a system reset which resets my system back to the last day it was known to be working proper and you can even choose the date
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 07:26 AM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

What OS?

Aug 14, 2009, 09:36 AM

I use avg, ill do one right now, I don't think anything came up in the last one. And I have windows xp.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:40 AM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

You can always do a system restore back to a point when this was not happening

System Restore
    -Go down till you see
    How to use System Restore to restore Windows XP to a previous state
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 11:35 AM

I agree... system restore I've had to do before too...

Sep 6, 2009, 08:48 AM

System restore didn't wrk, said no changes have been made since. Maybe I am too late? But a recent development is when it restarts it sez it is going to check my hard drive for consistency. Makes me think something isn't hooked right inside my computers organs?
    whatwhere Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:02 PM

Even thought this post maybe old but
    It could be a virus
    A bad driver
    A hard drive becoming defective or last but not least a faulty PSU (power supply unit)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC restarts itself when playing games [ 20 Answers ]

Hello If anyone can tell me why my computer restarts itself when I'm playing games (particully FlyFF) I would really appreciate it Im getting so frustrated?! :mad:

Computer restarts on startup [ 2 Answers ]

Omg this is really annoying... today I did a sypware scan and it said it had to restart so I reatsrted it... but when it starts up.. it gets to the blue screen that says "windows is starting up" the mouse cursor pops up and then... it restarts again? This keeps on happening everythime I try to...

Random restarts, serious errors, Ntfs.sys problem [ 23 Answers ]

Hi please would someone be able to help me I have a big computer problem but haven't much of a clue about computers. It started a couple of weeks ago when my computer would restart for no apparent reason whether on the internet, playing a game or doing anything really. When the computer...

Window Xo restarts itself [ 1 Answers ]

:oi am using win98 and win xp together. Win98 on C drive and win xp on D drive. For few days when I open win xp it starts and then computer closes and restarts automatically. This time it says that the computer was not closed properly and option of safe mode, start previous configuration and...

Desktop goes black and restarts by itself [ 2 Answers ]

My Gateway computer, Pent II 350 Mhz is acting strangely. When booting, it looks ready for me to proceed -- but then the mouse is frozen and when I move the mouse the screen goes black and goes to Restart. It takes 2 or 3 tries to succeed. Sometimes it does this when working in email or on the...

View more questions Search