Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canadiangirl99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 08:16 PM
    if you kiss someone, does that mean you have to date them?
    me and one of my friends want to get a little closer to each other,so we are thinking about having our first kiss together but were kind of nervous. We were wondering if most people start dating if they kiss. We thought that dating may be a little weird but fun to try. Can you guys give me some numbers or charts to show the probability of dating your first kiss.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 08:57 PM

Kissing does not magically turn into dating.
    Dating should be something you want to do based on your interest in each other and then the kissing comes naturally.
    Putting the cart before the horse doesn't make it go any better.
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2009, 12:41 PM

There aren't any numbers or charts or probabilities of the chance of you guys dating your first kiss. Dating someone is all yours and the other guy's choice.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 01:04 PM

How old are you? I hope the 99 doesn't signify that you are born in 1999.

This isn't a probabilities game. You and the other person decide when you become a couple, whether you kiss before or after. This is one of the first steps in having a strong communication system between the two of you (if you are going to start a relationship).
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
    If you are contemplating this, then I would guess you are too young for kissing or dating.

Dating isn't something 'fun to try'.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 8, 2009, 01:34 PM

Kissing does not mean that you have to date. But sometimes, it does bring you a little closer. If you really this guy and he likes you then its OK. But like Just said...
    Mazdadude07 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2009, 02:41 PM

I agree with all above, I have kissed girls I have not dated, particularly because nothing was there.

But usually dating begins with a kiss. First kiss, that you'll never forget. Sometimes will feel nothing when you kiss that someone, but there will come a time when you first kiss that someone, it will take your breathe away, you'll feel like you have butterflies in your stomach, that's a kiss worth dating for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2009, 03:04 PM

Kissing (and I'm assuming this is more than a peck on the cheek or a brushing of lips) is a sharing of intimacy. Not a casual thing like a hug or handshake.

So, In my opinion, kissing is an outgrowth of having a relationship and a relationship starts with dating.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Dating isn't something 'fun to try'.
    That depends on who you talk to and what your intentions are.

Ya, like everyone said kissing doesn't equate to dating. Really, any form of intimacy doesn't mean you two are dating. Only when you hears the words "let's date exclusively" are you dating, until that time nothing is certain.

I realize you're probably too young for any of this to apply, but if you can learn that now, you'd save yourself a lot of trouble in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Kiss on first date-how to get out of this one. [ 7 Answers ]

Ive been talking to this woman I met off line for I would say a few weeks maybe even more.we hit it off good.she so happen stayed and my area a few blocks away.we hooked up one night she went to blockbuster got sum movies and then went to her crib chilled for hours watching movies I was holding...

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

Call I have my court date canceled and do it on a later date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date for Oct 20 for a scheduling conference for a credit card debt. I was served a summons to file an answer and I did in a timely manner then I received a Notice of Hearing that says the case is scheduled for Scheduling Conference. Can I do anything at this point. I had previously...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search