Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justwonderingPA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
    1. HIPPA questions and 2. incorrect medications given
    1. While inpatient a friend's son was given the medications for another patient with the same first name, there does not seem to be any permanent damage, can they seek any recourse?
    2. Their son was also given the other patients discharge summary and paperwork when he left the hospital is this a HIPPA violation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 06:06 AM

A person can only sue for damages - if there are no damages, there is no lawsuit.

Yes, that is a HIPAA violation (not HIPPA, by the way). Report it to the hospital authorities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too many medications [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to post this article about the effects of taking too many different drugs at once. I think it's important for people to know about. Is Your Parent Over-Medicated? When Siri Carpenter suspected her mother's multiple prescriptions were causing memory loss, she discovered an...

Medications [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks

Too many medications! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm recovering from flu at the moment, having been in bed for over a week. My impacted wisdom tooth has become infected and a trip to the dentist on Tuesday left me with a course of antibiotics (Metronidazole). Now, the Metronidazole (I've only just started it) are making me vomit which to be...

View more questions Search