Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirley-joy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Help me with nortons please
    Hope some one can help me!
    I have just come back from my mother in laws and she wanted me to update her nortons 2005 to 2006
    She has just brought a HP Photosmart 2575 all on one printer etc
    After a bit of research a found that nortons and the printer don't like each other.
    Which is not that common with nortons
    So I talked her into AVG which I use
    So after downloadind AVG it would not work in her computer
    So I deleated it and deleted nortons2005 to install nortons 2006
    Well do you think I could get it workin:mad:

She's running windows ME
    After the printer was installed and before I did the AVG
    She couldn't use the internet explourer twice in one sitting if she closed internet explourer the only way she could go back on line is to shut down and restart the computer

So my problem
    She has no internet protection
    When I install nortons 2006 I keep getting "cant find Program files\common files\symantec shared\ccsetmgr.exe"
    Which is, (im guessing here)
    A uninstall file
    Help its my mother laws computer:eek:
    So what happened
    Did I delete too much or not enough
    I'm going to have a nother go and I've heard that I will have to turn the computer on, delete all norton files, restart the computer,use a regersity cleaner to clean out left over files that I have missed and try to reinstall
    Any information that you have will be well received
    Thanks in advance
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 03:16 PM
    First off, go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore and restore the computer to some previous date that shows ChkPoint. Suggest you select the most recent restore point. I say this in case something needed got accidentally deleted.DO NOT OPEN /CLOSE any Programs during this procedure.Shut down computer and Restart. I too purchased Norton2006 only to find out, Norton2005 downloaded from the CD because I use ME. Norton2006 works with XP.
    Go to http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...nsf&view=docid
    And follow instructions how to uninstall Norton. Unplug the modem line from the computer because the computer is not protected. Uninstall AVG. Shut down computer and wait a couple of minutes. Restart computer, put Norton CD into drive and install following the on screen instructions. There should be no conflict between using Norton and the Printer but because the OS is ME, Norton 2005 will download.Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search