Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Gas meter moves round when heating is off
    Three months ago, my duel fuel went up by £30.00. I live alone. I have gas central heating and an electric shower and cooker. Since receiving the bill, I've only switched the gas on twice. I heat up the kettle for washing dishes.

For the last few months, the water from my hot tap has been tepid. We've had unusually warm weather the last few months, and put I the warmer water down to this. The water in the cold tap is lukewarm.

Today I have hot water coming from the hot tap. I gave a meter reading this morning, then checked the gas meter again. The last two digits have gone up. Is this normal, or does it sound like there is something wrong with my meter? I have a pilot light always lit - could this be the cause?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. I've lost my job and am worried about the expense of getting someone out. I also don't know who I'd need to call, whether my own supplier or the Gas Board.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 02:46 AM

Suse, its because the pilot is on all the time. When you have a problem like this, you would call whoever would install the gas equipment.

Tick
    Suse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 02:16 AM
    Tickle, that's a weight of my mind. I hoped it was the pilot light, but I've not been lucky with the plumbing in my house... Thanks for you help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defendant moves [ 8 Answers ]

I won a judgement in civil court. Defendant moved and left no forwarding address. I asked the court if I coud do a " alternative method" by summonds by publication in local paper, judge denied stated "I needed to know defandants general whereabouts". I thought that was a way to find a defendant...

How do I get moves on to a mp4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering how I put moves onto my mp4 Thank you:o

What moves you? [ 30 Answers ]

What album speaks to your soul? What album's music is so awesome that it hurts to listen to it? Your favorite album or song: My album is Mer de Noms by A Perfect Circle Here's a taste- YouTube - A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras

What is the avg. Gas p.s.I. From gas meter on the residentcial side of meter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the avg. gas p.s.I. from gas meter on the residentcial side of meter. I think its 5 lbs. I live in Los Angeles, don't know if it changes from state to state.:eek:

Tv picture moves around [ 1 Answers ]

I changed TV providers recently and now have a digital cable feed for entertainment. Coax cable feeds digital signal to 4 TV's. (Also serves internet and phone). Since new service was installed, the picture quality is excellent but the picture is cut off and moves around. (Consistent on all 4...

View more questions Search