Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 06:33 PM
    @ 4thearts, get lost
    jelo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 09:35 AM

Yeah get lost. Skin lightening doesn't mean you don't like the skin your in. In my case I just want my skin tone to be even. I don't like my light tan lines on my arms.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    yeah get lost. skin lightening doesnt mean u dnt like the skin ur in. In my case i just want my skin tone to be even. I dont like my light tan lines on my arms.
    Lol...

Jelo, what is your regimen to lighten?
    darcskin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 02:54 PM

Hi GOLDENGIRL, does Makari Night Cream smell good? Does it smell real feminine? What soap do you use the Makari Night Cream with? Also I can't believe your using Bioclaire. I thought you were safety-cautious and that Bioclaire contains steroids. Does Makari Night Cream contain steroids, mercury or the other harmfuls, and do you know the active ingredient in Makari Night Cream that makes it work good? Thanks
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
    The original posting date was Jul 6, 2009, I think she has stopped using the product since then.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Jan 30, 2010, 04:27 PM

Golden girl stopped using Bioclaire months ago just as many of us.I think she's the most safety-cautious of us.thanks.

Jan 31, 2010, 07:39 AM

Thanks, thanks you 4 responding. GOLDENGIRL, do u think Makari Night Cream is safe to use and does it smell good?
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darcskin View Post
    thanx, thanx yall 4 responding. GOLDENGIRL, do u think Makari Night Cream is safe to use and does it smell good?
    Hey Darcskin, Makari night cream's active ingredients are arbutin/bearberry, mulberry, licorice, and retinyl (syntheic vit. A), and a little vit. C. And is free of steroids and mercury, and is an hq-free product in case you do not like using hq. Personally overall I liked using it and yes it has a pleasnt smell and is feminine, but not an overpowering scent. For many though it gave them acne breakouts and my guess is because it contains hydrogenated oils and is an oily product, and contains silicones which does not penetrate through the pores and isn't absorbed but instead sits on the surface of the skin which can clog pores and also cause acne. I think if they cut down on the amounts used or somehow replace with other ingredients, it may cause less breakouts? The caviar crème has caused many bad acne as well. I have used the day crème as well and all 3 worked well for me and wouldn't mind using it again.. I did recently get the lightening serum because they were running a good sell for it, but I will wait until much later to use it as I'm using other things at the moment. It would be a personal choice that you comfortable to make and if OK if it happens to cause you acne. It's been a long time since I used makari though because I grew tiered of their high prices and lightening my whole body and looked for something instead more economical so that I could by in larger quantities. They do offer samples I think for around $2.

With it I used Diana Stalder papaya kojic acid soap which really exfoliated well. I haven't used Bio Claire in a long time now after reading and being informed of why it was causing my skin bad reactions was because of steroids, and not what I had assumed of me having an allergic reaction or sensitive skin. So I trashed it. Lol, I never thought of myself being that safety-cautious but thanks Misty Jane. I guess I didn't want my skin to become permanently damaged, ruined, and aged within the nexte 3 years for only moments of fairness.

Jan 31, 2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks GG for responding. I've had some bad experiences with skin lightening products and believe me you some of this products could easily mess someone up, its good to play safe. Back to GG: U say Makari contains "synthetic retin A", what is the difference between the synthetic retin A and the Retin A your currently using?
    jelo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 08:32 AM

hi I'm back lol.. =) I've stopped the CY gabriel a few months ago and tried skinwhite.. it's a famous skin lightening brand in the Philippines. It comes in soap and lotion with many variants. I just bathe with the soap regularly and use the lotion at least once a day. That's all. And I'm happy to say that I don't get any darker when I walk under the sun.. Just last Jan 2, we went swimming and I got a bit darker. I just continued using the soap and lotion and in just 3 days I got my light skin back.. =) the variant I use is "powerwhitening" SkinWhite » Splash Corporation =)
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darcskin View Post
    thanks GG for responding. ive had some bad experiences with skin lightening products and believe me yall some of this products could easily mess someone up, its good to play safe. back to GG: U say Makari contains "synthetic retin A", wat is the difference between the synthetic retin A and the Retin A ure currently using?
    I had written a detailed answer for this, then I lost internet connection and didn't save. I'll try to explain it, not synthetic retin A but a form of "synthetic vitamin A". There are several different forms of vitamin A (both natural and synthetic forms) and are grouped together called Retinoids. Tazarotene is one of the most strongest forms and is synthetic.

And Retin-A is only a name brand for vitamin A acid also known as tretinoin (this one of the stronger forms of vitamin A).
    Then you have forms lower in strength but still strong such as retinol and then retinal and are common in skin care products. These have similar benefits as tretinoin but lower strength so it is a bit more gentle than tretinoin.

And you also have synthetic forms such as the esters of vitamin A like retinyl palmitate and retinyl propionate used in skin care products. Which have a less strength and good for those with sensitive skin and unable to handle the stronger strengths such as tretnoin or retinol.

This in very general information on retinoids, as there are several forms with different strengths.

Types of Retinoids

Retinoids – A Potent Skin Care Ingredient - UnArchived Articles

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness, arms, legs [ 8 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel like my hands want to go numb or my legs, its weird I can't really explain the feeling, does any one know what this may mean?

Pain in arms and legs [ 1 Answers ]

Its been about 2 weeks that my legs and arms hurt so much. My muscles in my legs hurt so much I can't even sleep. In the mornings I need help to stand up from the bed because my ankles hurt ao much. My arms feel heavy if I do too much and my index finger hurts a lot, to the point where I can't even...

Red dots on arms and legs [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm 20 yrs old now but since I was around 15 I had these red dots on my arms, legs, and torso. It doesn't only look bad but my skin is not smooth any more. It even gets worse when I shave as these dots appear more... is there anyway they could be gone??

Numbness in arms and legs [ 1 Answers ]

What causes numbness in the arms and legs?

View more questions Search