Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Issue with a possible sinus infection
    I MIGHT have a sinus infection. It may just be a head cold. But it feels like a sinus infection to me. I have been completely plugged up all night last night and all day today with yellow mucus. Not fun. However I have had a sinus infection before. So I can deal with it.

My issue is, it seems like every time I sneze, I get vertigo so bad I feel like passing out.

I have meniere's syndrome, so I'm used to the vertigo, but is this something serous? Or simply the head cold beign a pain in my butt.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:16 AM
    It sounds like a sinus infection to me, also.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:23 AM

Yeah that's what I think too. I'm just glad it hasn't made the move into strep throat with all the post nasal drip I've been having. But you know.*knock on wood* now that I have said it , it will probably happen in the next few hours :P
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 12:14 PM

Another question, but same subject so I won't start another thread on it...

Is there anything I can do here at home for this? I have a doctors apointment on Thursday, but that's 3 days away! I already know about the obvious, taking cold/sinus medicine. And sitting in a steamy bathroom...

But is there ANYTHING else I can do to help relieve some of this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 01:59 PM

Make your own steamer and use Vicks. Get an old teakettle and use on the stove. You can add the Vicks prior to the water coming to a boil and carefully inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. This always helps me with nasal congestion or sinus infections. I had a sinus infection since Oct 2007 and never saw the doctor and got rid of it myself using home remedies. I was probably lucky that I could get rid of it myself. I did notice though that my sinuses would get worse when the pollution was "fine particles moderate" and not ozone pollution.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks twinkiedooter ill try that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinus Infection in the Brain [ 9 Answers ]

My mom was in the hospital about a year ago, with a Sinus Infection that reached her brain. She was there for a week, and they gave her two weeks worth of antibiotics, and told her to go see her neurologist. Problem is, that 2 years ago, she lost her job after being there for 12 years(corporate...

Biaxin for sinus infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, about two weeks ago I was taking Biaxin 500MG for acute bronchitis. I stopped taking it when my bronchitis went away. For the past week-almost two- I have been suffering from a HORRIBLE sinus infection. I was wondering if I could start taking my Biaxin to maybe treat it.

My 4yr has been sick since early December, Sinus infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, everyone I need some help. My 4yr old daughter has been sick since early December, called the Dr. with questions, as well as taking her in to see him. He gave her a decongestant with a cough medicine but I am concerned she has a sinus infection. He said no, this child has been...

Sinus infection with a purple not on cheek.is that common [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have a swollen purple bump on your cheek from a sinus infection?

Sinus infection? [ 2 Answers ]

This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I think I have a sinus infection, my ears are constantly clogged and feel like they need to pop, and my head hurts so bad in the back, top, front, and sides, it hurts worse when I bend down to fast like a thumping pain. The only problem is my...

View more questions Search