Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paddypullen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Annoying "critical System error"
    Hi there.

I picked up a little bug I think last night. My computer keeps telling me I have a critical system error and when I click the yellow bubble on the toolbar it comes up with a certain companies software download page. I doubt I have a system error so it look slike adware/spyware. How do I get rid of it? I have gone to control pannel and deleted everything that doesn't look like it should be there but still, the bubble keeps popping up and my Internet explorer home page is this companies "ALERT" page.
    GRRRR!
    Any ideas?
    :confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 15, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Here's some ideas for you.
    To make sure everything is running fine run both anti virus and anti spyware apps in normal AND safe modes. (make sure that they are updated first ! ;)) (AVG is good and free AV)
    (A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

ALso an on line virus and spyware scanner is Trend Housecall

Just a note; actively running two AV's on one machine can cause problems.
    So if you are thinking about it make sure your current one is disabled first.
    SAme thing applies to online scanners as well.

If this doesn't work can you please let us know more of the symptons and your computers setup.
    paddypullen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Hmm, well I don't actually have any anti virus software on my PC right now. *ahem* am downloading AVG as we speak. Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 15, 2006, 11:49 AM
    Paddy, Big Ooops there.
    While you're at it I would strongly recommend getting Spybot and Adaware as mentioned above.
    Both are free and do an excellent job.
    You should also grab CCleaner as well.
    This excellent free app is great for removing junk files from your system and cleaning your registry, keeping your system running well.
    deepak1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Hey guys, since yesterday I am facing the same problem in my notebook... every time it alert saying critical system error found and then opena a webpage... any help?
    king_smalls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paddypullen
    Hi there.

i picked up a little bug i think last night. My computer keeps telling me i have a critical system error and when i click the yellow bubble on the toolbar it comes up with a certain companies software download page. i doubt i have a system error so it look slike adware/spyware. How do i get rid of it? i have gone to control pannel and deleted everything that doesn't look like it should be there but stil, the bubble keeps popping up and my Internet explorer home page is this companies "ALERT" page.
    GRRRR!

any ideas?
    :confused:

When I click on the bubble it sends me to this site: http://www.virusbursters.com/?aff=334
    What can I do?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by king_smalls
    when i click on the bubble it sends me to this site: http://www.virusbursters.com/?aff=334
    what can i do?
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic70074.html
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/secu...same-old-game/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"F" error on Kenmore he3 washer [ 0 Answers ]

I got an "F" error on my washing machine. I can't find the manual to find out what it means. Can anyone help?

"no video codec" error, VCD burning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I was trying to burn an "avi" video to VCD.. when I hit the burn button it was trying to convert the "avi" file to "mpeg".. and then it gave me an error saying "no video codec"... Is there a way to fix this? I'd really want to get this done to watch on VCD.. it's a boxing video for my...

Internal error "main2_w,276" [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting the above message every time I try to run one particular CD-ROM, which just happens to be the one that contains the training programme for the college course I've just started, and it will go no further. I'm pretty sure the CD itself is OK as I took it round to a friend and it...

View more questions Search