Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanoreef Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Duct Work H3LP! Pic included Stumped!
    I live in a doublewide trailor, The duct working in the trailor is no good and I want to replace it with flex. I have a brand new already hookedup 3 ton goodman unit that is supplying the original trailor duct work via 2 8" flex pipes coming from a 16". I need advise, I am not new to hard work but I don't know a lot about duct work and so on and I would love help in the best way, along with parts list help. Here is a drawing of what I am going to do. I am going to cut new floor vents along the outside walls and make it easier to install and maintain the duct work. Any help? Thanks ahead of time.

wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 10:08 AM
    This is a very complicated request, you need a pretty large trunkline to send the supply to from package unit, then you will need collars and flex duct to run to each boot where the vent is in each room
    Let me ask,, I see in several places something about duct board,, maybe you could explain better,I don`t see where you will be needing ductboard
    How many supply vents are you planning to make runs to?

Jul 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    this is a very complicated request, you need a pretty large trunkline to send the supply to from package unit,,then you will need collars and flex duct to run to each boot where the vent is in each room
    let me ask,,,,I see in several places something about duct board,,,maybe you could explain better,I don`t see where you will be needing ductboard
    how many supply vents are you planning to make runs to?
    I have 9 floor vents total. I really don't know what I need or what's the best way to do this. I again learn fast just I don't want to have to crawl around under the floor of my mobile home every year to fix the lines. Any help would be great!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
    There is flex duct that is HUD approved for mobile home use. It has a thicker outer jacket and I suggest you use it in your project. I also suggest you do a manual D for your duct system. Anything else is just guess work.

Jul 6, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    There is flex duct that is HUD approved for mobile home use. It has a thicker outer jacket and I suggest you use it in your project. I also suggest you do a manual D for your duct system. Anything else is just guess work.

What is manual D?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 06:05 PM
    It is all here for you.

Manual D - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duct work [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 2 ton goodman heat pump the house is 1000 sq feet,the duct work is flexible, 25 ft. long by 10 in. the R Value is 6. Is there anything wrong with the duct work I'm using.( to big, to small, wrong R Value, or does it matter.) North Carolina. Thanks

Duct work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 ton heat pump,will 10 inch duct work be to big or small or does it matter. Thanks Jinglehimer.

Rat in duct work how do I remove? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I finally saw what I have been hearing in my crawl space... a rat. I haven't seen any others but may be another. It has pulled off the flex duct on my return and is running around inside the duct! Any suggestions? I placed a humane trap in the crawl space with peanut butter and bread......

Duct work for ehaust fan [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to install an ehaust fan in my bathroom that requires venting through the attic. Can I run the vent close to my attic fan opening with a hood attchment on the end of the duct rather than throught the roof or out the side of the house. I noticed that galvinized duct is cheaper than...

View more questions Search