Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 04:10 AM
    "Western Digital WD800BB-22HEA0" doesn't boot
    Hi everyone,
    I have a problem with my HDD.
    It is a Western Digital WD800BB-22HEA0 (80 GB)
    It seems like its not working properly, sometimes it boots normally but sometimes it doesn't, and when it doesn't a black screen comes up saying, insert proper boot device and reboot (the bios doesn't recognize it)

What may be the problem? Can anyone help me any software that is able to detect HDD problems and correct them? I heard there is a boot-able software which can check discs for problems.

Thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 06:48 AM

Western Digital www.wdc.com has a tool that can examine the error history from as you say a bootable disk. They have there stuff as .iso images on their website, so you will need a program that will burn .iso images to check.

If the drive is over 3 years old consider replacing it ASAP. The drive should be able to be cloned without loss of data. Copy your important data to DVD's ASAP. Copy Outlook .pst files, so that they can be imported. Use an application like Acronis true image to back up the drive, again ASAP.

Jul 12, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Western Digital www.wdc.com has a tool that can examine the error history from as you say a bootable disk. They have there stuff as .iso images on their website, so you will need a program that will burn .iso images to check.

If the drive is over 3 years old consider replacing it ASAP. The drive should be able to be cloned without loss of data. Copy your important data to DVD's ASAP. Copy Outlook .pst files, so that they can be imported. Use an application like Acronis true image to back up the drive, again ASAP.
    Thanks KeepItSimpleStupid, I didn't get much help from that web page, but I got some deeper information about my HDD and I thought maybe this would explain way better my status.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7779/hdd.png here is it... hope u, or some other would help me further.
    Thanks a lot !
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 06:56 PM

It' time to replace the drive. There is likey a sector of windows that barely reads. Eventually it won't. It also seems that the drive has been powered off abrubtly too many times and this is another reason to replace the drive.

Fins some software that can clone a drive such as Spotmau.com - Computer Service.

Jul 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    It' time to replace the drive. There is likey a sector of windows that barely reads. Eventually it won't. It also seems that the drive has been powered off abrubtly too many times and this is another reason to replace the drive.

Fins some software that can clone a drive such as Spotmau.com - Computer Service.
    Isn't there any chance to get fix this drive, it's ridiculous, I've bought this HDD abot 4 months ago and now this? Anyway thanls a lot KeepItSimpleStupid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"BOOT" window on starup? [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: When I startup my laptop (Acer Aspire 9300) the window titled "BOOT" pops up with the dialog: "Specific Module Could Not Be Found". I have tried to find an old virus remnant In the msconfig area under the "Startup" tab, but I can't tell which is the potential problem without spending hours...

"found new hardware" for boot drive [ 4 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Pro with update 3, recently started getting "Found new hardware" on bootup for my boot (C:) drive, which has been working fine for some time. Haven't installed any new programs recently. Get this message every time I boot up. Checked "system devices" and found that my Western...

"Great Books of the Western World" [ 2 Answers ]

What is the value of the 52-volume "Great Books of the Western World" and how do I sell it? Printed in 1952. Entire Collection.

J/E "Boot" Trade in Value [ 1 Answers ]

How do you record the trade in value from a fixed asset? We bought a bus and traded in an old bus at the value of $1700, which is included in the cost of the new bus. How does this get recorded? I remember something about it being called a "boot" entry? Not sure? If you know anything please let me...

View more questions Search