Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mari419 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 11:54 PM
    Plan B Pill
    I had sex yesterday and my fiancé ejaculated in me and now I'm afraid I'll get pregnant I bought the Plan B Pill but I'm a little nervous about taking it. Ive had problems with my stomach for the last few years but I don't really have any allergies to anything and I finished my period this Wednesday any advice would help right now Thanks
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 09:47 AM

Are you on any other birth control? The pill? Depo shots? Anything? If so, as long as you've been taking those correctly, you shouldn't need plan b. if not, and you don't want a baby right now, I'd recommend taking the pill. It's pretty much a large dose of hormones. So you might become nauseous from it. And you should expect it to throw off your cycle a little bit. The sooner you take it the better. Even if you take it immediately after sex there's still not a 100% chance it will work. But the sooner you take it the better than chances.

Jul 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Im not on any birth control but I'm worried about the side effects I'm a smoker and I've had some stomach cramping
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:35 AM

If you're concerned you need to ask your dr or the pharmacist. Being a smoker seems to increase risks with a lot of things. I don't know what your stomach cramping has to do with anything though?

Jul 6, 2009, 11:39 AM

I am thank u
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 11:43 AM

You also need to be on birth control (AND a backup method) if you don't want to be pregnant. Please be more responsible.

Jul 6, 2009, 01:14 PM

Normally we are more careful and I know this isn't an excuse but we were drunk I took the pill an hour ago so far so good Im 31 years old Ive always been careful and prepared I thank u for the advice
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 01:16 PM

More careful meaning? He pulls out? Are you on birth control?

Jul 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
    No pulling out that's just stupid... Just as stupid as we were on Saturday We use condoms always except Saturday night
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 01:25 PM

If you are having sex why are you not on birth control? You do know that condoms are not EVER 100% effective? And if it's a drunk person putting it on, I'd give it like 40% effectiveness. You need a back up plan. You're asking about and taking Plan B, so obviously you don't want to be pregnant right now. Why not protect yourself a little better?

Jul 6, 2009, 02:37 PM

I never had situations like this and I'm 31 and a smoker and I've heard you can't take certain types of birth control when your a smoker
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 02:39 PM

There are MANY types of birth control that smokers can use. I've been on Seasonique for 2 years, and been a smoker for 5. I only get my period every three months.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 02:45 PM

CM, you're young. The risks associated with smoking and being on the pill increase with age.

There are other methods though, like an iud.

A condom is only effective if it's used. Obviously there are times when you and your partner aren't acting responsibly enough to use a condom. That would imply that this choice of birth control is probably not the best one for you.

Sadly there is no form of birth control that is 100%, but, using birth control is still better then having unprotected sex.

Why not check with your doctor about other options? In this day and age there isn't any reason to leave things to chance.

Jul 6, 2009, 04:00 PM

Ive heard of seasonique but does that affect u if u want to have children later on
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mari419 View Post
    Ive heard of seasonique but does that affect u if u wanna have children later on
    Sorry, I'm not sure.

It would be a good thing to discuss with your doctor. It's always best to see your doctor for a physical, tell him your habits (smoking), your future plans (wanting a child later on) and then going from there.

There are so many forms of birth control available, I'm sure you'll find one that matches you and your lifestyle.

Good luck. :)

Jul 6, 2009, 05:14 PM

Thank you I will
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 07:38 PM

Not that I have ever heard, I've had it prescribed by three different doctors, and that was one of my concerns as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan b pill [ 1 Answers ]

If I had unprotected sex yesterday. Then I have unprotected sex today. And I take the plan be pill right after. Is it still going to be effective?

Missing 1 because pill and taking Plan B [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birth control for almost 8 months now and I've never missed one pill until the other day. After missing I still had unprotected sex and my boyfriend came a little bit but not a full load. To be safe, the next morning I took Plan B. The woman at planned parenthood told me to take the 2...

Plan B pill, now 3 weeks late! [ 2 Answers ]

I took the Plan B pill at the beginning of September but my husband and I had unprotected sex a couple of days afterwards. Well, a week after taking the pill I started my period but I had already had my period 2 weeks prior to this one. Now it is the end of October and I am almost a full 3 weeks...

Sex a few hours after taking the first plan b morning after pill, stupid! [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Ok, feel free to totally lay into me for being stupid on this one. I welcome it. So, my girlfriend and me had sex this morning, condom breaks, I pull out. Obviously the pullout method isn't reliable, no dispute there. So after that we get her the plan be morning after pill. ...

Plan B and the pill? [ 1 Answers ]

48 hours ago, a condom got stuck inside me and today I received my prescription for Plan B from my doctor. I just took my first dose of Plan B, waiting the mandatory 12 hours to take dosage number two. I AM on the pill, but my doctor suggested that I take Plan B since I had been very erratic with...

View more questions Search