Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Condensation on the interior of new double paned windows
    Is there any reason that condensation is occurring on the interior of our new double paned windows?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 10:29 PM

The window may not be sealed properly.

Or if the conditions on the inside and outside vary a lot in temperature and moisture content it could cause condensation.

Stringer
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 06:48 PM

The windows have a broken seal that lets outside atmosphere enter.

If windows are new,as stated, get installer back to replace sashes.

Chuck
    glassdoc Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2009, 01:44 PM

It depends what you mean when you say on the interior. Do you mean inside the two panes of glass or inside the house? Inside the glass is a failed seal and the insulated glass unit will have to be replaced, either by itself or in the sash if the sash is removable. If the condensation is inside the home and you can wipe it off, you have high humidity in your home and the difference in temperature is causing it to condense on the window just like a glass of iced tea condenses because of the cold inside and the warm outside. Hope this helps.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 03:00 PM

Please be a bit more specific about what you mean by inside. You have tow good answers already but to boil it down we need to know if you can wipe this off from inside your home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensation between double paned windows [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get condensation from between double paned windows that have no opening to get between them. I have a large double paned window with small windows on either side of it which open like storm windows in my kitchen. These are behind my sinks. The house is 9 yrs old and the large window...

Double pane windows [ 5 Answers ]

I have a large triangle shapped window that the seal has been broken on... is there a way or a company that repairs them... the window was a special order 25 years ago & I fear the cost of replacement would be real expensive

New Windows (Alliance? Double Hung) [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had my home built in a rural area (very open to the wind). During winter months (this is the 2nd winter in the home) most of my windows will get a little moisture on the glass, just above where I lock/unlock the windows to open. My problem is the 3 windows on the Northwest side of my...

Vinyl Double Hung Windows don't LOCK [ 1 Answers ]

All, So I just bought a condo, it has vinyl double hung windows. Bad part is that they don't lock. I push the top window as far as possible, and the lower one down as much as it can go, but I am still 1/2 inch off from the latch being able to lock. How can I correct this ? Is it expensive...

Removing condensation from windows [ 8 Answers ]

Does anybody know of the best method to demist windows at home. I live in an old house with leaded lights and in winter the condensation is a massive problem. In one of the bedrooms we have installed a tubular greenhouse heater which is effective but very ugly. Can anybody think of anything else we...

View more questions Search