Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chelle713 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2009, 09:10 PM
    Weight gain.
    Ok I know this is kind of off this specific topic, But I have always been very small, I was born 4lbs and 10 ounces, I am now almost 26 yrs old, and am still small, It's hard for me to hit over 100lbs, I eat good, and a lot but I don't gain weight, Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to gain weight?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 09:18 PM

Are you healthy? Have you visited your doctors lately about this?

Whatever you do, do not mess with weight gaining pills or start binge eating.

Sarah

Jul 5, 2009, 09:22 PM
    The doctors never say anything, I think it may be my metabolism, I would never do the weight pills or anything, Right now I am just concerned cause My husband will be deploying soon, and it's going to stress me out and I just don't want to lose any weight.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle713 View Post
    The doctors never say anything, I think it may be my metabolism, I would never do the weight pills or anything, Right now I am just concerned cause My husband will be deploying soon, and it's going to stress me out and I just don't want to lose any weight.
    That's really odd.

If I were you I would ask your doctor for a physical to see if everything with you is a.o.k.

Do you eat healthy; fruits, veggies and all?

Do you smoke?

Do you do drugs?

Do you sleep right?

Do you have any hormonal imbalances?

How about your family; does this run in the family? If so it's just genetic!

If you are healthy then I wouldn't worry about it but then again I'm not you.

Can I ask you why exactly you want to gain weight- is it because of your concerned about your health or because of maybe a comment someone said or because you would feel more attractive?

Sarah

Jul 5, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Well I mean it doesn't bother me too much, but I'm always asked if I am anorexic or bulimic, and also get other nasty comments. Plus being so small its hard to find jeans that fit right, all kinds of things.

I don't eat like salad every day of the week, but I normally eat breakfast, a lunch and dinner. Me and milk don't get along very well if you know what I mean. With my hubby being in the military of course I am always on the go, But normally through the day I will eat get up and do something and be starving again...

I'm just not sure, I guess I'm looking at all possibilities until we find out if I may be expecting or not...
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 09:50 PM

Have you tried eating six small meals a day to keep you full instead of 3 big meals a day?

Something like:

Morning: Oatmeal with blueberries and honey

Before noon: A fruit salad, a light wrap...

Noon: Soup, toast, maybe a chicken salad?

Before the evening: A personal veggie pizza, made from pita bread maybe even load on some chicken strips if you'd like..

Dinner: Hummus and chicken? Maybe some steamed veggies to go with

After Dinner: Perhaps some cashews, almonds, baby carrots...

Be creative. I wasn't that creative to tell you the truth, as you can see all the meat I could think of was chicken [haha]

If you want to have a baby I recommend taking folic acid pills now :)

There are millions of websites that have easy peasy recipes even for people whom are lactose intolerant; it's just a Google away ;)
    Here are some sites I found:
    100 quick and easy healthy foods
    1001 recipe
    healthy eating made easy

I'm a small frame as well and I know how it feels to have comments like that to be said, especially with people knowing I'm a vegan they think it gives them some sort of right to say those things... pay no mind to them they are probably just jealous. If they truly cared it wouldn't come across as an insult.

Good luck on everything and I wish your husband a safe return home.

Keep me posted.

Sarah

Jul 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
    LOL Yeah I think a good crash course in cooking 101 would be a great start, I can bake about anything, but as far as cooking, I think that them genetics run in my family, lol. Since I got married I have been learning a bit more, but when my hubby leaves and his BBQ skills go with him I'm going to be in deep trouble. And on top of all things my hubby is a picky eater, I don't think that is helping me any.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle713 View Post
    LOL Yeah I think a good crash course in cooking 101 would be a great start, I can bake jus about anything, but as far as cooking, I think that them genetics run in my family, lol. Since I got married I have been learning a bit more, but when my hubby leaves and his BBQ skills go with him I'm going to be in deep trouble. And on top of all things my hubby is a picky eater, I don't think that is helping me any.
    Oh I know what that is like ;)

Here is a site that you may also find helpful: Videojug - Get Good At Life. The world's best how to videos

I love that site, helped me learn to do a lot of things, from how to tie a tie to how to make spaghetti [yea I didn't even know how to make spaghetti, horrible] to even pilates exercises.

Bookmark it!

Be positive! Plus a bite of your chicken won't hurt him; unless it's undercooked and gives him salmonella;)

Sarah

Jul 5, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Oh he likes chicken, He won't eat beans other then green beans, he likes potatoes but won't eat potato salad, just stuff like that.

I will check that site out. I just don't know where to start, or what to make, cause I want him to be able to eat too.

I guess if he isn't going to like what I learn, then he can go with out. Or he can learn how to cook.

Oh yeah thanks for replying, you're the 1st and only one I have talked to on here so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I gain weight? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I feel that I'm thin, I have no appetite.. how can I solve this problem which makes me very angry, how can I gain weight?

How can I gain weight? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I gain weight?I am to slim that no clothes fit on me

Dog needs to gain weight [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a 7 month old great pyrnees/australian shepherd mixes. He isn't very big for that mix.. both mommy and daddy dogs were mixed breeds. He weighs about 42 pounds now. He is very lean though. His siblings are lean too, but I am concerned for my Lester. I just would like...

Pit weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

What can I feed my pit (or a supplement) to gain weight? Please don't answer, "Go to the vet"!

View more questions Search